✙ Chapter 5 ✙

Start from the beginning

Drew.

With a scowl, I looked up, not surprised to find him straddling the rail. He tightened his hold on my arm in fear, his bloody shirt whipping with the wind. "Nora!"

"Let me go!" I shouted, seriously. "Now! Let go!"

He shook his head. "I'm not letting you fall."

"This is my escape," I said, dangling in the air. I started scratching at his hand and attempted to peel his fingers off me. "It hasn't been forty minutes! You said - "

He gritted his teeth together. "I'm not letting you die."

"I'm not going to die, dipshit!" I bellowed, slapping at his hand. It wasn't a surprise that my slaps didn't affect him at all - it was disappointing when he didn't even flinch. Carefully, he started pulling me towards the railing and I kicked my legs, wildly. "How did you even know where I was?" The question caused him to freeze for a moment, clearing his throat. "You followed me, didn't you? This whole time?"

"Yes, I did," he admitted, guiltily. "But, I had to make sure you wouldn't do anything stupid - like this!"

"Or, to make sure I never escaped," I countered, angry. He opened his mouth to argue, but realizing I was right, he closed it. He continued pulling me towards the railing while I thrashed, desperate to fall. "You're an asshole!"

He frowned. "I'm not an asshole."

"Lies!" I accused, scratching at his hand with my jagged nails. Of course, he didn't release me and because of my luck, I didn't slip from his hold. His hand started bleeding from my scratches and sadly, they quickly healed. He exhaled loudly in exasperation and hauled me up towards the railing - taking the opportunity, I swung my fist forward and punched him in the chest. He swore under his breath and his grip loosened, allowing me to slip from his grasp, only to be caught at the last second by my wrist. A painful jolt shot throughout my arm and I gritted my teeth together.

He glared down at me. "Stop! You'll fall!"

"That's the point, dumbass!"

"You're so frustrating!"

"You don't say?" I responded, sarcastically. Tired of playing games, he easily pulled me over the railing, careful with my injured leg. "No! Let me go!" Ignoring my command, he dragged me off the balcony and back into the room, oblivious of how tight his grip was. Using his feet, he kicked the balcony doors closed and shoved me away, releasing my wrist. As I whirled around in rage, he locked the doors, his dark hair messy from the wind. The urge to run my fingers through it was aggravating; he was my enemy. "My family has probably noticed my absence - they're going to find me."

He took a step towards me. "I'll be impressed if they do." Giving him an angry glance, I turned around and limped towards the bedroom door. My hands were clenched into fists at my sides, prepared to swing if he decided to touch me. "Where are you going?"

"I'm getting out of here," I told him, confidently. I turned out into the hallway, hearing his following footsteps. Despite the urges, I wanted him to leave me alone; I was angry enough. But, inside, I knew I was more angry at myself than him - it was pathetic how I was still held captive. With the months of training I had endured, it should've been easy for me to find an escape. I was taught to fight through the pain, yet I was wincing with each step. "Stop following me, dipshit."

"That's not a nice name, sweetheart," he responded, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. I took a deep breath and shook my head at the stupid nickname of his. I wouldn't show him that it bothered me. "Come on, just give up - you aren't going anywhere."

"I'm not giving up," I told him, turning around the corner. "Now, I suggest you stop following me, before I find another knife and stab you."

"Yeah, that wasn't very nice," he said, peering down at the hole in his shirt, surrounded by dark blood. "You might've punctured my small intestine."

"Damn," I responded, rolling my eyes. "I was hoping for the stomach."

He chuckled. "You were close." He accidentally stepped on the back of my heel and I looked over my shoulder with a glare. I stopped at one of the doors lining the hallway and I pulled at the handle, disappointed when it was locked. He scratched the back of his head with a grin and watched as I limped away, mumbling to myself. I knew he was laughing at me inside; I wanted to punch him for it. "All these doors are locked, sweetheart. Stop wasting - "

"Just go away!" I snapped, but he continued following me.

He shook his head and minutes passed in absolute silence. I was growing more and more frustrated; each door that I pulled at was locked. I jerked to a stop when one of the upcoming doors opened and a guy stepped out into the hallway. He yawned and looked around until his eyes landed on us, or more specifically, me. He was around twenty-five, wearing a pair of dark jeans and a cotton, black t-shirt. His flop of auburn hair was tangled and underneath his eyes, rested dark circles. He appeared miserable. His green eyes looked me up and down, recognition crossing his face. I cursed in my head when his lips curled into a sneer and he growled one word, explaining the situation.

"Hunter."