Unwanted Self-Introspection

Start from the beginning

"Luck is also important factor of duel! I mean, dead hand and bad draw is possible, so why not trusting on your luck?"

"That's unreliable. Again, all it takes was one bad chance."

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I kinda agree with that Xyz bastard.

Luck can be unreliable at times.

"That's what adaptive thinking was for. When life give you lemon, make lemonade out of it! Thinking hard how to turn things around with cards you got, not lamenting what you don't get."

Wow. That's kinda... deep.

"...how you can be wise but also an idiot in the same time, I'll never know."

"HEY!"

"Try to improve your strategy. If you're not so reliant to luck, you'll be better. You get a pass this time since we all have handicap of Speed Spell, but next time you won't get the excuse." He paused. "Well, at least you fare better than that Fusion Scum."

"Say what?!"

"You hear me." I gritted my teeth as he gives me that ugly smug face. Makes me want to break his nose so he resembles his beloved birds even more. "Easily handicapped. Cannot fusion summon so easily if there's no polymerization, right?"

I bristled.

"Why You...!"

Even worse, he is right.

Out of all of us, I am the one who most inconvenienced by the Rules!

"The person who lose doesn't have right to backtalks."

"Like you win yours!"

"I win against Ren and I fought Yugo till draw."

I want to strangle him. Seriously, I want to.

But that would just make Yuzu and Yuya get in the trouble. They are the one who shoulders the fallout if I toeing out of line.

"You only win because I weaken him and made him show his hand! If I don't you would be beaten, too!" I snarked back.

"And I recall correctly, which one among us who won in that first round of Miami Championship and which one is the sore loser?"

That's. It!

I switch the tap from hot water to cold water, fill the bucket with it, and threw said bucket of ice-cold water at Kurosaki.

"GAH!"

Payback, bitch.

The duels end sometimes after midday, but we are going this way and that way in avoiding Security. Nobody wants to go to jail, even for short duration. End of story, we arrived back at the Orphanage late, and cold bath during night is Co~ld.

"You pint-sized gremlin!"

"Alright guys! No fighting while bathing! Seriously, this bathroom is not big enough for that!"

I harumphed and continue bathing.

"Still, what does he means by can't Fusion summon so easily?"

"Fusion Summon need polymerization or Fusion Spell Card." Generic or one that corresponds with the archetype. "And speed spell rules limited its usage. Gah! If only I don't have such a restriction, I can beat him!"

I'm not at my full power! That's why I lose! If only I can freely Fusion...!

"Doubt."

"I'll beat your ass."

He rolled his eyes, skeptic, but then,

"You know. How did Director know there's a Fusion user among us?" He questioned. "It was not like we told him that. In the first place, how did he know about Fusion summon? Shouldn't it be a new thing to him?"