Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair

Comenzar desde el principio

She nodded her head. "I'm the one who should be apologizing to you child. When your mother left you in my arms, I told myself you are just another orphan in my care. I tried to detach myself from you. But you grew on me. You quickly found a soft spot in my heart and I began to love you like a daughter. It's been too long to change those feelings. I love you Vittoria. I wanted to make you the perfect daughter. In doing so I forced my opinions on you. It angered me when you chose a path that wasn't my own. In futility I tried to get you back but only succeeded in pushing you away. I'm sorry."

That means a lot to me Emilia. I love you and you will always hold a very special place in my heart."

"Well... you're getting married."

"I am!" I chuckled as I dried my eyes.

"Does he treat you well?"

"He's wonderful! I don't know how it is I ha e existed for this long without his love."

"You speak so fondly and highly of him. I'm happy for you. Which cathedral did you choose for your wedding?"

I cringed. Marcelle's representatives said he is not entering a church.

"We will marry in his grandparent's home in Florence." I answered. She made a face. It's a strange expression struggling between a frown and a smile. "His grandparents are too old to move around. It's convenient."

"I was ready to suffer shock if you told me that he agreed to marry in a church. You know what I like about him?"

"What?"

"He doesn't pretend to be something he's not."

I'm yet to have that conversation on with him. I would like to know who I'm marrying. But even if he's the devil himself, then I thee wed. I will not run because I love him.

"I love him because he is honest. He speaks his mind. I love him because he is kind and generous to me. I love him because he saw something in me when the rest of the world only saw a poor maid. There are so many reasons I love him! I can't exhaust all of them!" I chuckled.

"Your happiness is infectious."

"I have something for you." I reached into the bag and offered her the invitation. "It will mean the world to me if you come to my wedding."

She broke the gold seal that is holding the envelop together. She opened the white envelop that feels too soft to the touch. It doesn't feel like paper, more like a soft cloth but then it's not cloth. The invitation is just as Bella suggested. White. The words, black. Simple but elegant.

"Marcelle Giovanni Balotelli Bale. What shall I call you after the vows?"

"Will you come?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be there,in the front row if you let me."

I hugged her. It feels good to make peace. "Mrs Balotelli I suppose. They call him Signor Balotelli most of the time."

"Congratulations child."

"Are you busy?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Come with me to Florence! We are having a late lunch and I'm officially introducing my family to his family. I want you to come."

"Child! We can't make it to Florence this afternoon! Maybe tomorrow."

"Ay no! We will make it. You will be back here before night. I promise."

"How?" She frowned at me.

"We fly private." I informed her of the joys of having Marcelle for a boyfriend. We don't work with the airport's schedule. We work with our own schedule.