Chapter 2: Spars, Scapegoats, and S-Class

Start from the beginning

The guild was silent as Natsu's body fell from the roof. "You're doing it again..." He weakly croaked before his head fell.

And he was right. From time to time, Y/n had a bad habit of creating speeches from the first letter of his first word at the start of a speech that sounded akin to tongue twisters.

There was no explanation for this.

It just unintentionally came out at times.

Or was there...

"..." Y/n stopped in his tracks as a shadow hid his facial features. "Just tell me when the match starts." His voice was full of shame.

---

At high noon it was time for the long-awaited fight to happen. Years of waiting were about to pay off. For one, it was their chance to defend their previous record of matches. For the other, a chance to prove their efforts were not in vain. It was time for...

Erza's and Natsu's Rematch!

"Fight! Fight! Fight!"

"Show him who's boss, Erza!"

"Come on, Natsu!"

The onlookers cheered as the two stared each other down. Lucy shoved one of the older members of the guild out of her way as she gasped at the sight.

"No way! They're really going through with it?!"

"Oh hey, Lucy." Mira said as she noticed the new girl.

"Well, if those two value their manhood, they'd better go through with it."

"Erza's not man." Mira replied to her younger brother, Elfman.

"But you gotta admit she's manly." Macao, another older member of Fairy Tail, said.

Lucy was too busy being worried about their team to focus on the conversation of Erza's theoretical manhood.

"Aren't you worried this fight could tear our strongest team apart?"

"What are you talking about? Our strongest team?" Gray asked.

"You, Natsu, and Erza, ya' dummy! You're the three strongest wizards in the guild!" She stated with confidence.

"That's not entirely correct, Lucy." Y/n said as he approached the group.

"Yeah, what idiot fed ya' that lie?"

It was Mira.