Chapter 12: No Fate

Comenzar desde el principio

"Plus, the fate of the 57,000 Parpaldian soldiers under the command of General Stellhorn is still unknown to us two; we immediately assumed that they perished because of your own king's negligence," the second envoy added. 

"With that, allow us to dismiss this meeting. From today, our Emperor has decided to pull back and withdraw our bilateral relations due to your king's foolishness. Thus, the survival of this Kingdom is not our concern anymore," said the first envoy before he and his friend withdrew from the meeting. 

This event greatly affected the morale of the Lourian councilmen. With so much stress accumulating, Patagene slammed the table while his face was red with anger and gritted his teeth. His act had caused everyone inside the council room silent.

"So... this is the true end of our kingdom. Could there be nothing that we can do to overcome this trial?" asked Patagene.

While others are quiet, one decides to dare himself to answer Patagene's request. 

"Urm... General, may I inquire?" asked the councilman while raising his hand. 

"Yes. Please make it fast 'cause I'm not in a good mood right now," said Patagene.

"In this battle, why didn't the alliance call the FPDA to send their land forces as well? Indeed their iron dragons and magic steel ships are powerful and even can hide magic signatures. Plus, the report from the Eastern Conquest Army also didn't have any single record of it. I assume they heavily rely on magic rather than regular troops. The evidence is there are no ground forces of the FPDA have been deployed until today. This could be a golden opportunity for us to deploy our infantrymen," said the councilman. 

Then, another councilman added. 

"I agree with him. Plus, the FPDA's iron dragons, magic steel ships and that magical attack destroy the Northern Port are powerful but it seems like they need time to recharge magic power often to continue effectively on the battlefield. This fact even applies to the first civilization that relies on magic as the foundation. If their infantry is weak, the chance to invade the capital is quite low, only if the FPDA devises no surprise attack on us" said him. 

The two men's statement had caused Patagene to let out a sigh of relief. 

"That means... we still can solve this problem," said Yamirei. 

"Well then. The solution to this problem has been found; prevent the FPDA from invading the capital. I shall inform this plan to His Majesty. Meeting dismissed, folks," said Patagene. 

.

.

Royal Guard Chamber, Jin-Hark, Louria Kingdom

"As expected, Jin-Hark won't fall right, old friend?" asked the commander of Royal Guards of Louria Kingdom, Rand to General Patagene. 

"I don't know, Rand. If by chance it happens, we will entrust His Majesty," said Patagene before he bid farewell to him and immediately headed for the king's chamber. 

"Should we lose the king, Louria won't rise anymore. We definitely must not lose him at all costs!" Patagene thought before he opened the door of the king's chamber. 

There, the 34th King of the Louria Kingdom, Hark Louria can be seen sitting on his throne and waiting for any progress. General Patagene quickly bowed towards him and reported everything that he had. 

"Your Majesty, I, General Patagene, am here to report that... the magical assault launched by the FPDA. our army has lost all of our naval ships and bases. Our dragon corps too have been annihilated," said Patagene. 

"Then?" asked Hark Louria, demanding more information. 

"Perhaps, our foes might deploy their footmen to advance deep into our territories. Hence, we will deploy our remaining ground forces to take the geographical advantages. We'll place an ambush on the outskirts of Beales and engage 'em in melee combat. With that, the opposing forces won't be able to put their powerful magic attack on us," added the Lourian general.

"I see. It seems like preventing those FPDA pigs from invading the capital is our only last effort to stop them. How about the 400,000 personnel of the lords and nobles?" asked Hark Louria after hearing Patagene's statement. 

"Well... Your Majesty, they have decided to just stand to observe... without responding to the call to arms," answered Patagene. 

Hark Louria hears the information in anticipation.

"All right. General Patagene, this might incite more confusion and disrupt the orders, but... imprison all of their scions who live in the royal palace. You may dismiss, now," said Hark Louria after giving the directives to Patagene.

With that, Patagene quickly left the 34th king of the Louria Kingdom alone on his throne. For several moments, the king did a double facepalm as he recalled back the horrifying event that occurred last morning. 

"I saw the dragons explode and scattered into pieces while thundering sounds surrounded the royal palace and the FPDA's dragons' appearance. How terrifying," Hark Louria thought in fear. 

.

.

.

Several hours had passed since the sun sunk under the horizon. Without devices like electric lamps, deep darkness veiled the land. However, that darkness was pierced by inorganic lights, which enlightened a convoy of vehicles. But, this was no ordinary convoy. It was an armoured convoy consisting of Challenger 2 tanks, Primus SSPHs, FV150 Warriors, Boxer AFVs and several FV107 Scimitars. 

This convoy was led by Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo, who was tasked to lead an assault to lure away and if possible, repel the remaining forces in the capital while leaving the business of capturing Hark Louria under the care of 22 SAS that had boar...

This convoy was led by Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo, who was tasked to lead an assault to lure away and if possible, repel the remaining forces in the capital while leaving the business of capturing Hark Louria under the care of 22 SAS that had boarded on HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) last evening. 

From the radio in vehicles, the voice of  Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo could be heard.

"</Gentlemen, be advised. We'll be entering a harsh battle. Our mission is to lure away and if possible, repel the remaining Lourian forces to give some room for our boys and girls in the 22 SAS to capture that darn Hark Louria. I hope everyone keeps this in mind; it's no exaggeration to say that Qua-Toyne Principality and Quila Kingdom are our lifelines for food and the economy. This battle is for the sake of our people and the safety of the Qua-Toynian and the Quilan. We don't want the same fate that happened to the Bosnian Muslims to occur in this New World. I hope everyone bears this in mind. Over and Out\>," He finished.