Chapter Twenty- Eight

-----------------------------

Boyfriend Scouting

----------------------------

- Jocelyn POV -

There is a kind of childish joy that comes from playing pretend. Of imagining yourself being someone braver, smarter, or stronger. Whisked away on a magical adventure full of drama and romance.

It is all fake of course. Like those sweet and sultry scenarios, we concoct will going to sleep. Hoping our dreams follow our deepest desires. But they never do. Instead, they are weird and oddly similar to an acid trip.

Life is weird and oddly similar to an acid trip. Expect we get those "I'm dying" aftereffects before that high ever comes. A lucid dream full of both wonderful and dreadful things

I guess that's why we chase after a fantasy more than we do our reality. Because our dreams have a beginning and an end. One that we change till we are satisfied. But no matter how hard we try, our reality will always be ended abruptly or without that satisfaction. We live our lives knowing it's coming but not when.

I love dreams and fantasies. Imagining myself winning those petty arguments from eons ago. Feeling good with whatever fake joy my brain produces.

But I also like reality. Of teaching myself how to dance in the rain and appreciate the world's chaos. Because the more we defy it, the more we escape, and the harder it is to adapt to real change that we can't control.

We lose ourselves and what's important.

Living to see our story through.

Whether it's a new blockbuster or a mellow series of monologs. It's our story and we should appreciate being able to experience it...

"Damn. I sound smart as hell," I felt rather proud. Slipping the near-empty pen into the side holder of the journal, I dropped them on the warm grass beside me and leaned back in my beanbag.

Titus, who recently decided I'm his second favorite human, nuzzled his head against my thigh. I may or may not have bribed him with lots of treats to earn this affection.

"Whose the cutest little baby waby in the whole world?" I cooed to the dog in a pitched voice. Using my long nails to scratch behind his ears. Titus at first looked heavily offended at the baby talk, huffing at me with meaty breath. But he soon began to lean into the scratches and his hind leg hesitantly thumped. Just as the weight of his head was fully in my hands, the peace was disturbed.

"It's me!" Someone yelled behind us. Titus bolted upright and jumped into a protective stance, letting out a threatening growl at the intruder. But the sound quickly subsided once I reached around and tapped his muzzle gently. 

"Don't worry. It's just one of my harmless idiots," I whispered into the pointed ear. "Morning Jason," I smiled as the tall male came to stand in front of me. Titus let out another annoyed huff before sitting down, using my lap as a pillow.

System Reboot || DCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara