Chapter Five

---------------------------

All is Good

---------------------------

Two Weeks Later

Week two in the penthouse was rather quiet. Slade had yet to make another appearance but Sam did stop by to take me shopping. The poor girl got barely any time off work and she kindly decided to spend it with me.

Well that was a load of bullshit

To be honest, Sam woke me up the same way she would do at the hospital. Throwing open the curtains whilst blasting the soundtrack to P*rn H*b. It scared me, I thought everything had been a dream and that I was still in the hospital.

She stared down at me with a professional smile. Thick dark hair styled in box braids that stopped at her waist. She wore a pair of fitted blue jeans with a red blouse. Her hands rested on the pronounced curve of her hips. I stared fixated on her brown eyes before rolling over and pulling the blankets over my head.

"Flat-bitch" I mumbled

"Lintik" she spat at me. I pushed my hand out and flipped her off.

"OWWW!" I bolted up and held my finger to my chest. "You fucking bit me"

"And I'll do it again, hurry up, we're going shopping"

And so, without much choice, I was dressed and dragged to the mall. I drove us using her car and we managed to get a close car park. The reason why I said her act of kindness was all bullshit was that I thought we were going shopping for me since I was in desperate need of clothing and normal necessities.

In Sam's mind, however, I needed to repay her kindness for basically outting me to Ronan.

"If I hadn't realized your situation and ratted you out to Ronan, then he would have never met you or let you live with him. So you're welcome."

"And if I was actually Allison but just had amnesia?"

"Then you would still have lived with Ronan, win-win either way."

"The audacity of this bitch."

Still, it wasn't like I didn't have the money. So I agreed to her requests and gave her three hours to spend a budget of $500. She argued that it was a little amount to which I countered that technically her family was rich and she too had the money to buy her own shit.

During my brief stay in the hospital, she once told me how her mum, Filipino, married her father, African-American, simply because she needed a husband in order to access her family's large inheritance. The two fell in love rather quickly and had like a dozen children, Sam being the youngest.

What is with people and telling me their family history?

The day went smoothly, we bought a couple of matching outfits, cleaned out the sale racks, and bought myself both an Xbox and a PS4. Why? Because I miss playing video games and serve to live my gamer-girl dream. Sam was judging me until I let her pick out the stuff for a PC. Turns out her older brothers never let her help with that kinda stuff. The girl had mad taste as well.

Because of how much we were buying, we had to take several food breaks and trips to the car to unload. As we were making our last trip I recognized a store. A hand-made toy store that Bruce and I went to when he won that competition with the boys.