Chapter Seventeen

‐-------------------------------

Past Comes to Bite My Ass

--------------------------------

So, if you were paying attention and didn't skip the last little snippet of the last chapter, you'd know that I just walked into a home invasion.

Key points to understand:

Ronan is beaten and tied up (and not in the fun kinky way).

My home is trashed and I'll be the one to clean it all up (not cool).

And there are two, potentially armed men making a beeline for me.

Time to not die!

Dropping my bag I adjusted the helmet in my hand, aimed, and launched it directly into the closest man's face. The makeshift projectile connected with his nose, and he let out a pathetic shriek and grasped at his face.

With him distracted, I lifted my leg and kicked him in the stomach. Turns out my legs are pretty strong as he goes stumbling back into the others' arms. That or he's just built like a twig.

The taller male shouted out a name, I'm assuming his partners, and charged at me with more power in his step.

Okay, note to self, don't hit the pretty one.

Dodging the stampeding bull, I kicked his shin and ran for the kitchen. He managed to snag at my hair, but I escaped his grip by sacrificing my sculp and thrusting my head down. Successfully letting him yank out a couple strands.

Slamming into the counter, I reached out. Grabbing one of the displayed butcher knives, blunt and only for decoration, I spun around and started swiping the air. Making my pursuers step back.

"Yeah, that's right bitch. Get too close and I'll make sashimi out of you!"

Not wanting to recklessly provoke me, they stood back and watched me. With them not running around, I could finally see who my attackers were.

The taller one, with a more muscular build, had bold and wintry features that almost made him handsome if he didn't look so haggard and deranged. That and he's currently trying to maim me.

The shorter one nestled into his accomplished side. His white, supple skin was flushed red from running and his nose was swollen with blood trickling down his nostrils. I must admit, he's got the classic "protect me" atmosphere that elicits a woman's maternal feelings.

Short and pretty tried to edge forward, but I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and yeeted it hard. His already swollen and bloody nose was attacked again. No doubt it would be broken, or at least crooked.

"Argh!" He cried out, clasping again at his face.

"How dare you hurt my baby, crazy bitch," the simp snarled at me. I cringed with every fiber of my body as "baby" cooed and stood on his tippy toes to kiss his accomplice/lover. Smearing nasal blood on the others cheek.

"Please just kill me," I gagged. But it was then that something clicked, and I stared at the two. A realization washed over me and I pressed myself against the counter. "You're that scum couple that tried to cheat and steal from your fiance".

If any of you can remember that long paragraph of unwanted information from a few chapters ago. You will recall that Ronan and I worked together on a case where the client's fiancée was cheating on him with his (the clients') step-brother. They tried to do all sorts of shady shit and almost won, but Ronan and I managed to gather all the dirt on them and reveal the truth.