Valerio chuckled. "You said that you graduated high school five years ago, amore."

"Wow," I whispered, taking another sip of my delicious hot chocolate. "Okay. Tell me something that I haven't mentioned but you happen to catch on to."

"Mm," Valerio hummed in thought. "You don't like tomatoes."

I almost dropped my cup as I let out a laugh. "And here I thought I was doing good."

Valerio had managed to make them taste decent enough and I ate them all but they're still weren't my favourite. Not even a good cook like him could change me into a tomato lover. It was just one of those things from my childhood that I stuck with and never grew out of. It was annoying but I accepted it.

"Your face," he chuckled, shaking his head. "You were sceptical but you tried it anyway and had another when you realised it wasn't as bad."

"You're right," I said, my lips stretched into a smile. "You're very observant."

"Because I like you," he said, locking eyes with me. The hand on my shin stilled, his palm sending heat through the area.

Valerio liked me. Those words shouldn't have had my heart squeezing the way it did, mainly because it didn't look like he regretted it. On the contrary. He wanted me to know.

I should.

What the fuck happened to this being a one-night stand? The idea had flown out of window along with my self-restraint as I slid the blanket off me.

I held back the entire night and I was sick of it. There was no reason to, especially because we were both attracted to each other.

After tonight, my attraction towards him reached new heights and I was scared I might trip and fall sooner than I thought. He must have seen the expression on my face, realising how much I wanted him in that moment.

Valerio took the empty cup from me, leaning forward to place it on the glass table. When he returned, there wasn't a second wasted when he grabbed my cheeks and his lips were on mine.

"You want me, baby?" Valerio murmured, his breath mingling with my own as he spoke against my lips. I nodded, a lot more eager than I intended but I didn't care as my hands roamed his body.

I felt his muscles tensing underneath his shirt, the material thin enough for me to feel every ridge and dip.

"Let me hear you," he whispered huskily. Fuck—how could a sound have me on the verge of ripping all his clothes off?

"Yes," I breathed, my voice riddled with desperation. "Please."

"Sit back," he said, his hand wrapping around my neck to gentle push me away from him.

I almost fucking whined. Why was he pushing me away? I did as he said regardless, letting myself rest against the backrest of the couch.

"I want to taste you," he said, slipping his tongue into my mouth and I let out a moan from the back of my throat. "Spread these legs for me."

With his mouth still on mine, I obeyed his commands.

Valerio kissed my neck, gliding his nose over the part where my neck and shoulder met—leaving goose bumps raising wherever he touched.

I couldn't control my moans as I let him take control of my body. Valerio could do anything he wanted to me, only because I knew he had his own boundaries with no intentions of hurting me. He made it very clear and letting myself succumb to someone who understood my limits was one of the best feelings.