1.03

" Towards the Eye of the Storm "

THE MOMENT Daryl stepped foot back in the camp was the moment Travis was just waiting for. Travis had made himself comfortable by the smoking fire pit, pawing through a bowl of mushrooms to discard the ones they couldn't eat when Daryl finally got back from his hunt. He came back just a split second before the others that had run off to help the kids once they started screaming. Amy had jumped up from her seat as if she would be of any help with whatever was happening, shoving the bowl in his hands. With Shane, Dale, Rick, and Andrea along with a few others running to the rescue, Travis didn't see the point in joining them anyway.

"Biter cost us a damn buck," Daryl called across the camp as he made his way towards Travis. "Got us some squirrel though," he added as he pulled his haul off of his shoulder as he looked away from Travis and around the rest of camp.

"Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane called after Daryl as he stopped near Travis.

"Where's the ugly bastard?" he questioned, looking down at Travis.

Travis scoffed a bit, "Why don't you-"

"Daryl, I gotta talk to you."

Daryl turned around softly, Travis had to dodge the squirrels that swung from his shoulder. "About what?"

"About Merle."

Here it goes. Travis though as he put the bowl of mushrooms on the ground and began to stand up.

"There was a problem...in Atlanta."

"He dead?"

"Probably wishes he was 'bout now." Travis replied quickly, receiving a glare from Shane.

Daryl looked back at Travis with his eyebrows furrowed together, "He either is or he aint!" he replied sharply, turned towards Shane again.

"No easy way to say this-"

"Who are you?" Daryl snapped sharply, cutting Rick off as he began to speak.

"Rick Grimes."

"Rick Grimes," Daryl scoffed, "you got somethin' you want to tell me?"

"Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal." Rick said, putting it as bluntly as he could to just get the hard part of the way.

"Left him there too." Travis added.

Daryl spun around, "Hold on, let me...let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof, and you left him there!?"