“I will.” Austin said. He walked into the booth and put the headphones on. Right at that moment Alex walked through the door.

“Hey am I too late?” he asked quietly so we didn’t disturb them.

“Nope. We just got here a few minutes ago. Austin is doing one song and then I’m gonna do one and then he’s gonna do his other one and then I will. You’re just in time.

“Awesome.” He smiled. We stood there in silence as we watched Austin sing his song. I heard the familiar tune from last night. I only half listened to the song because I was too focused on how I was going to tell Alex that Austin had found out. Some of the lyrics that I did hear really struck me though.

“Even though it’s a struggle love is all we got. So can’t we keep keep climbin till the mountain top…? You fell so deep. You know that it troubles me. You’re by my side. What troubles them don’t trouble me. Many have called but I only want you. Whatever you want Lexi I’ll give it to you.” I let out a small gasp as he looked at me and said that. He hadn’t called me that in over a year. He was the only one that was allowed to call me that. I felt a tear form in my eye but I quickly shook it off.

“She’s got everything I need… She makes me happy. I know where I’ll be. Right by her side cause she is the one for me… Girl I love you.” I felt tears form in my eyes again but again I stopped them from coming.

“How was that?” he asked when the music ended and the guy gave him a thumbs up.

“Perfect. Okay Alexis are you ready?”

“Yeah.” I stood up and passed Austin as he exited the booth. He stood next to Alex but I could tell how tense he was. When the music started I looked at Alex and sang the song I had written for him.

(ALEX)

I looked at the perfect girl as she sang the song she wrote for me. With every line I thought of when we hung out. I somehow managed to listen and think back to all those times at the same time.

“Today was a fairy tale you were the prince. I used to be a damsel in distress. You took me by the hand and picked me up at 6. Today was a fairy tale. Today was a fairy tale. Today was a fairy tale I wore a dress. You wore a dark gray t-shirt. You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess. Today was a fairy tale. Time slows do2wn. Whenever you’re around d. can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. It must have been the way. Today was a fairytale.  Today was a fairytale you’ve got a smile that takes me to another planet. Every move you make everything you say is right. Today was a fairytale. Today was a fairy tale all that I can say is now its getting so much clearer. Nothing made sense till the time I saw your face. Today was a fairytale. Time slows down. Whenever you’re around. But can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. It must have been the way. Today was a fairytale.it must have been the way. Today was a fairy tale.” I watched as she looked off into space while the music played. I loved the way she got lost in the music.

“Time slows down whenever you’re around. I can feel my heart. It’s beating in my chest. Did you feel it? I can’t put this down. But can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing thee. It must have the way. But can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. It must have been the way. Today was a fairytale. It must have been the way. Today was a fairy tale. Today was a fairytale.”

When she finished she wore a smile on her face. After coming out of the booth I wrapped her in a hug.

“Did you like it?” she asked.