25. "Steamy night."

Chapter Twenty Five

Elena's POV

"She still wanted to be with him despite everything that he had done to us," my throat ached with defeat, "it would ruin all our plans."

"Your Mom loves your Grandpa, and you can't take the love of a daughter to her father away," Camella tried to comfort me but not succeeding, "she wants to be with your him, so be it. She had been through a lot, from being sick and lonely... and what matters now, is her happiness."

"You're right, but I still don't understand. How could she love that devil who inflicted pain on us. He should rot in hell!"

"Dear, you said it yourself. He's a devil, he won't rot in hell," she laughed aloud.

--

That evening, a helicopter fetched me at the mansion, and took me to the penthouse of Adonis, located at the top of the Stavrakos building.

It was a beautiful elegant penthouse, with a breathtaking view of the city lights and skyscrapers of New York.

Adonis would stay in the Penthouse for convenience at work. If he had to wake up early to visit a project site or have a late night business meeting or just fancied to feel the city life.

I was there to have dinner with him. He also wanted me to show the Penthouse.

"Are you cooking?" I asked him when I entered the penthouse and smelled the delicious aroma of food.

"Yes, I am. I made a special dinner for my beautiful wife," he gave me a tantalizing smile.

A sense of tingling delight flowed through me.

Oh God. He looked devastatingly gorgeous in all black outfit. Black long sleeves, rolled on his arms, and black pants.

"What do you have in there?"

He showed me the kitchen, and there I saw a plate of perfectly cooked steak, a serving bowl of mash potato, a big container of vegetable salad, and a small basket of buns.

"They all look delicious. But seriously, you made all of these?"

"Of course. I know how to cook. I used to live in an apartment alone during university. I did everything, from grocery, cooking, laundry, cleaning the house and everything."

He took a teaspoonful of the sauce he was still cooking, and blew the liquid to let it cool, "tell me if this is good already," he put the tip of the teaspoon in my mouth.

I tasted a little, "delicious. It's perfect already."

"Good," he smiled and finished the remaining liquid.

The table was set already with the plates, utensils, flowers and candles. It was like a romantic dinner that he really planned. I was not expecting it.

"This is very lovely," I said when we sat at the dining table and started eating. I was really touched, because it was the first time that a guy prepared something special for me. And to think that he cooked the entire meal. I was quite impressed.

"I'm glad you like it," he said, "um, what can you say about the food?"

I giggled. I knew he was fishing for compliment for his cooking, "very delicious, especially the steak. I had never tasted something this delicious ever before. And the carrots... so fresh from the garden."

"You've got to be kidding me," his eyes grew big with laughter, and we both laughed.

After dinner, he showed me the rest of the penthouse, except for his bedroom. It was really stunning. Huge glass windows everywhere, modern interior design, high ceiling, and all painted in neutral colors. The furniture and fixtures were minimalistic, only what was necessary. The curtains in shades of white and gray.