17. "What just happened?"

Chapter 17

Adonis' POV

That explosive kiss blew my mind away. I was so focused on Elena, embracing that wonderful reaction of my body every time she was near me, that I lost my mind. My walls just crumbled on the ground.

What have I done?

My heart sank as I watched Elena getting out of the pool.

Now, our situation is going to be awkward.

I shouldn't have let my guard down.

Earlier, I was busy answering some emails, when I couldn't help but be tempted to watch Elena as she walked to the pool area, wearing an oversized white shirt.

I was so fascinated, by just observing her actions, as she stood in front of the sun lounger and removed that oversized shirt that revealed her skimpy black bikini that emphasized every curve of her beautiful body. She was a temptation in every way.

I was distracted. All my concentration on work flew away.

Damn. She's beyond gorgeous.

I could not deny anymore this potent attraction that I had for her that kept on getting stronger every day.

I groaned, raking my hair in frustration.

Why do I have to torture myself working when I wanted to be with her?

The more I avoid her, the more I would seek for her - and that is going to the danger zone, which is falling in love.

Yes, attraction is welcome, but not falling in love. It would only mess up everything in this arranged marriage. I've been there, and I did not want to go through it again.

So, I closed my laptop, hurriedly changed to my swim trunks, and joined her. It was our honeymoon, and we ought to do what we must, which was to have fun together.

The moment I went to the pool, I saw Peter and Kimberly lounging by their balcony. I was reminded that we were to pretend as a happy newlywed couple.

But being near Elena... I became a different man again. I realized she had that power to transform me. I felt things that I shouldn't be feeling, that I lost my mind. I let go of my inhibitions and kissed her the way I always imagined in the past few days... particularly at nights when I was in bed ready to sleep.

Yeah, she became the last person I thought of at night, and the first when I woke up.

I know. It's not a good sign and I need to rectify that situation.

The kiss was explosive, more than I imagined. I was guilty of wanting to feel her lips again ever since our first kiss at the wedding, to confirm if it was really that soft, warm and sweet... as I remembered. It was.

Now, I'm restless. I wanted more.

I tried to lighten my guilt by this explanation - I initiated the kiss, but she kissed me back and did not stop me until it went too far. She was caught in that moment as much as I did.

Damn. But why am I still feeling guilty?

After that kiss, I have to bear another torment. The torture of holding my own reins in controlling myself not to kiss her again. I have to stop thinking how wonderful it was.

Elena's POV

Thunderstruck.

Like a frightened rabbit, I ran out of the pool in shock. My heart was beating so fast, my pulse racing, as my brain processed what just happened.