I Have Shawarma at the Tower

Previously:
"I wanted to see what the Avengers were worth."

"And?" Fury asked, warily sitting back down.

I shrugged. "I have yet to make a decision. But I have to say that I'm not impressed with their tailing skills."

"Why do you want to see what they are worth?" Fury asked.

I only smiled. That was one thing I will have them figure out on their own; I can't give them all the answers. I could tell this was going to be fun.

They let me out of the room once they figured out they could get nothing out of me anymore. Not legally anyways. I did make a deal with them that I would help out the Avengers and in return, I get to hang out with them.  It was a win win. I got to get closer to them—maybe train them in my own way—and they got to keep a close eye on me. Supposedly.

Fury seemed like he just wanted to start making alliances with any powerful force he came in contact with. Maybe I should introduce him to the Egyptians and the Norse. The descendants of the Kane siblings are competent enough, and Magnus and his friends aren't too busy at the moment.

We arrived at Stark Tower too late for lunch but too early for dinner and yet Clint immediately grabbed a slice of pizza from the fridge anyways.

"So what's your skill set?" Tony started once we were all settled on his couches.

"How much of my fights did you understand when I fought with the monsters?" I asked in return.

"All I know is that you would pull out a sword that had no business being on your person at first glance, it's just not physically possible," Clint spoke up around his pizza.

"Oh, you mean this sword?" I asked. Too quickly for human eyes to follow, I pulled out Riptide, uncapped it and brandished it before me so they could get a good look at it.

Clint froze, his mouth dropped open and almost lost his bite of pizza. Thor looked as if he were about to faint upon seeing my legendary bronze sword.

"How...?" Bruce started.

I smirked but didn't answer him.

"That's all you really did in those fights, I never saw anything to do with the water powers you showed in the interrogation room," Tony added. He eyed the sword like he really wanted to reverse engineer it.

"Is that all?" I looked at Thor to see if he had anything to add. I got some general nods and shrugs. I sighed in disappointment. "I thought you would be more perceptive. You may be the world's heroes, but you still have a long way to go. I seem to have my work cut out for me."

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"What I mean is you missed the fact that my strength was more than the average mortal's," I started. Granted, I toned down the strength quite a bit but they should have noticed that anyways. "The way I moved around the monster's attacks too swiftly for a normal human, and Thor, what about the monster's own attacks slowing before the fight lasted too long?"

"I fail to see how that last one is relevant." Tony said.

I ignored him and stared at the god of thunder until his eyes widened in realization.

"You were using your water powers then," Thor said, startling the billionaire. "You used the water in the monster's blood to slow down it's movements so you could kill it faster."

"What?" Bruce demanded. He looked from me to Thor in astonishment.

Nodding in approval, I smiled. "I was once the ward of Poseidon, the god of the seas. My power adopted some of the tendencies that a typical demigod of his has and the sea leant me others. The adult human body is about 70% water. Monster's bodies are a little less than that but it's enough for me to slow down their movements if I'm fighting a small amount. It is a power I use sparingly. At one time, I had sworn never to use it after using the power to control a goddess' own poison to kill her. But an oath to a scoundrel is meaningless, so I've heard. Therefore it holds no weight."