7. {Chapter 235 : Something Obvious (4)}

"Hello" - People speak

'Hello' - People thought

"Hello" - Kae and Zhongli speak

'Hello' - Kae and Zhongli thought

[Hello]/{Hello} - Dietrich and Dion speak/thought

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like before, the break ended quickly. The guests who had rested their bodies, minds and souls returned to their respective seats. They sat quietly or chatted with their acquaintances while waiting for the owner of this dimension to arrive. Alberu was also discussing some strategies together with the hero party to deal with the upcoming war.

After a few tens of minutes, the owner of the dimension and his followers (?) came and sat on their respective thrones. Cale also came over with a bright face, It seemed that all of his questions got satisfactory answers. Zhongli looked at Cale and opened his mouth.

"You really don't want to do it? You're smart and your memory is strong, you can become my successor as the God of Contracts" said Zhongli.

"Zhongli-nim, didn't I tell you that I would think about it first? I still lack confidence because I've left all studies for more than 10 years. I'm still not sure that I'm that smart" Cale replied as he looked back at Zhongli.

"Come on Cale, have mercy on Zhongli who has been a God of Contracts for over 6500 years. Let him relax by having a successor who can help with his work" said Kae who also helped persuade Cale to become Zhongli's successor.

This conversation started during break time, to be more precise when Cale asked all the things he wanted to ask. Cale who originally only wanted to ask about destiny got carried away and the topic continued all the way to the God of Contracts job, in other words, they were also talking about Zhongli's work.

Zhongli also tested Cale's memory by giving it the approximately 100 contracts he held to Cale. In the contract it was written who the contract was made with, what Zhongli had to do and what Zhongli would get from the contract. Zhongli gave all of that to Cale and told Cale to state the full contents of the contracts. Unexpectedly, Cale was able to say it fluently and without lacking anything.

Intrigued, Zhongli increased the number of his contract and it was done repeatedly. Cale started to feel a bit of difficulty as the number of contracts he had to remember entered 5100. At the last contract Cale had to say, Cale forgot to mention what he would get from the contract. That's where the memory game stops.

"Uhh... alright, alright, I'll be whatever the two of you want me to be" said Cale who was already unable to fight back.

"Congratulations on being appointed as the successor to the God of Contracts, Cale! If it was me, I wouldn't. Even being offered to be a Saint I don't want, let alone becoming a successor to a god" said Commander Cale as he clapped his hands.

"Congratulations on getting a steady job, Cale! Work well later!" said Kim Rok Soo who also clapped his hands.

"Could you two not make fun of me? You are grown men aged 38 and 40, right? Why are you two taunting 18 year olds instead?" said Cale.

"Hey, who made fun of you? We're both proud that now you have something you can do, only you can do it. We're not making fun of you, really" Kim Rok Soo replied while lightly smacking Cale in the head.

"Although being the successor of a god is a glaring thing, I believe you can do it. How dare you call your elder brother's congratulation a ridicule?" said Commander Cale while pinching Cale's ear.