The woman that led the group surprisingly wasn't the first to attack, instead the wolves' charged forwards, and Adam's pack immediately shifted.

"We'll handle the werewolves," Adam rushed out, sending me a look of reassurance and trust, before he shifted too, lunging his body towards the wolf that was racing its way towards me.

They held them off well, we didn't have to worry about the wolves, so we could focus on the others.

"What are you?" I asked with a small smirk, my hands lay inside my pockets, and I wore the couldn't care less aura with pride.

"That's not important, you need to leave Kaden, take your men and leave," she sounded almost desperate.

"What is your name?" I tried, but she just stared at me.

"Who's orders are you following?" I almost yawned, we were both in the air at this point, having a one-sided conversation, she clearly wasn't going to tell me anything, but she never made a move to attack me either.

So, my gaze fell over the others instead, Adrian fought with a man a few years older than him, he looked strong, but his movements were slower than Adrian's, but I could see the look of surprise on Adrian's face, he probably thought it would be an easy fight, but he should know by now, it is foolish to judge the strength of someone you know nothing about.

I didn't know who these people were, or what they were.

Cameron was fighting two smaller ones off, a man and a woman, although compared to Cameron they were probably quite big, Cameron was a hell of a lot stronger than he looked through, so he didn't struggle to keep them at bay, and he never underestimated an enemy.

Adam and his pack fought with the other wolves, biting and scratching, I hoped Adam would stay safe, I'd never seen him fight before, I just hope he didn't do anything stupid, at least I'm here if he did, I wouldn't let them hurt him, not if I had anything to say about it.

"I get that you want to be with your Keeper, but it is not safe here, you know the rules, you must obey them," the girl sighed, watching the fight beside me.

The rules. I did know them, I knew them so well, the same rules I had projected to others throughout the years, carrying out punishments for those that broke our precious rules, and yet I was no better than them, I had broken one too many rules at this time, and only my close and dearest friends knew about it, maybe I didn't deserve the position I was in anymore, but the people can be the judge of that after I'm done.

She just confirmed that my theory was right though.

My eyes quickly locked on the portal that blended all too well into the grass, even with its dark shade of purple practically glowing, with the darkened sky you would miss it if you weren't looking for it.

A part of me thought she would stop me, there is no way they would let me get this close to their portal without putting up some sort of a fight.

But she didn't move, her lips pursed as I got closer, but I never quite reached it, three people closed in on me then, and that's when I realised, she wasn't here to fight, she was giving the orders...but who was she listening to.

She didn't bother to intercept as she watched on, observing the fight that would clearly break out.

As soon as they surrounded me, Adrian and Cameron were there, fighting their way towards me. They blocked my way to the portal but didn't actually move to attack, it gave me time to think, to plan, and to act.

Adrian and Cameron had their hands full with more enemies by the second joining the fight, but they still tried to reach me, it was almost unsettling how strong our opponents seemed to be.