Ch. 18 | The Greatest Fear is to Love

"I will send out an army to find you in the middle of the darkest night. It's true, I will rescue you."
- Rescue, Lauren Daigle

。⋆。˚ ✢ ˚。⋆。

You and the rest of the team sped from Rossi's home to the FBI headquarters but by the time you got there it was too late. Benjamin Merva and Owen Quinn were gone. And they had seemingly taken Spencer and Penelope with them. After splitting the team up, you and JJ went to investigate what was in the parking garage. You stood staring at Garcia's funky yellow car.

"Is that Garcia's car?" JJ asked as she approached you.

"Yeah. Spence and Penelope's phones were left inside with their bags. If they were helping with the evacuation, they wouldn't leave those behind." You sighed.

"No." She replied with creased brows as she followed you towards the door.

"Oh, and that. See that? That's Quinn's blood. But over here, I mean, whose blood is this?" You stressed before taking a deep breath in order to organize your thoughts. "What if whoever took Merva hurt Spence or Penelope?"

"We'll find them." She said, laying a reassuring hand on your arm with that sweet motherly look in her blue eyes.

"Doesn't make sense. There's no fire, no sprinklers. It's clearly a false alarm. So why all the chaos?" You rambled trying to make sense of it all. God! You should have trusted your gut!

"Hundreds of people were evacuated, some panicked, fell down the stairs." JJ stated, giving you a small lightbulb.

"Wait, hundreds evacuated? Really, this late?" You asked,

"It's campus wide all the buildings were emptied. New protocol, apparently."

"Ok, so whoever pulled that alarm knew it would cause chaos." You said, as you and JJ stepped into the elevator.

"Y/n?" She said and you nodded your head in response. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Mhm." You replied not meeting her eyes.

"You love him don't you?" She asked suddenly.

"W-what?" You said, your head snapping up. "How'd you know? Did Pen say something?"

"No...I can just tell." She said with a smile. "Don't worry, I've known Spencer for years and it's safe to say he feels he same." You just smiled as the elevator doors dinged open.

You knew JJ was trying to be reassuring but no more than ever did you fear for Spencer's life. It didn't matter if you never got to tell him how you felt or if you never knew how he felt. All that mattered is that he will be okay. He's going to be okay

Spencer's pov:

Spencer woke up with a pounding in his head. Events from the past few hours flashing through his brain.

Y/n. Garcia. Quinn. Meadows. Theo. Believer's. Three-hundred deaths. Benjamin Merva. Ben's Believers.

Y/n.

God, I hope she's okay. I couldn't live with myself if something happened again. If something happened because of me.

Just as his brain began working to continue connecting the dots and figure out a way out of there, the door creaked open and he was seized by the arm and dragged out of the room through a large storage unit, he could feel blood trickling down his face.

Y/n.

Your pov:

After several hours, which was several hours too many in your opinion, the team connected the dots to the mole not being Quinn but Meadows who used to work with Owen in Vicap. So, you, Luke and Matt began working in Garcia's lair.