Prologue

An escape.

Everyone needs an escape, to dip into the pages of a story and escape reality whether it be for just a few minutes, or if you desire to get lost for hours on end. Here, these aren't just words on a screen or ink on paper, it's a whole world trapped within our heads that come alive at the sight of lines upon lines of adventure.

So here, you can forget about what may be happening in the real world. But who knows? Maybe somehow, somewhere, this here is the real world, and you are the story? Whether you write yourself or let others dictate your own journey, here I give you, your escape. For as they say, an author is only a world trapped within a person...

In the land of Empiria, lies magic.

A world of kingdoms and empires, kings and queens, gods and mystical creatures everywhere you look...

But our story starts in the land of the elves. Hidden within the Elven Mountain range bordering the unknown, tucked between the cliffs and valleys, lies Rivendale, the capital of the Elven Empire. This land has known peace for centuries, under a millennium of righteous rulers...but soon that would be coming to an abrupt and bloody end.

Righ (or rather King, if you speak Grimmish) Rohan and Banrigh Pandora (as you can imagine, the queen) Major ruled their lands spanning over the cold and rough territory of the Elven Empire justly. Or so the citizens thought.

Though the world knew of only one, the king and queen bore three children. The first, was nothing. Unimportant and worthless to the kingdom though gifted in his own ways, he was never acknowledged and slowly began to disappear... his twin, however, was perfect in the eyes of his elders. Blessed with the power of the stag god, Aeor, he grew up with the love his sibling never got and praise the other would never receive. Though the boys were practically attached at the hip, a bitter resentment began to grow in the heart of the older towards his 'perfect' brother...

Never spoken of, was their little infant sister. Thought to be cursed by the demon god Exor the brother of Aeor, bringer of darkness and master of dragons, she was cast out and forgotten by all but her brothers... named Phoenix and destined to rise from the ashes.

Until, the two disappeared. The two imperfect children were gone, lost, and forgotten by time and those who surrounded them, leaving the one. Scott.

Over time the young boy forgot of his siblings, the two other heirs to the elven throne...his best friend and baby sister who knew nothing of the world and what was to come.

But revenge was brewing.

Revenge that would be as painful and sharp as a knife.

*Disclaimer: This book is in the process of being rewritten, please do not move on to the second book after completing this one unless you've read the unedited version, because it will not make sense*