"Lewis," a voice hissed from behind a shadowy bookshelf.

Genevieve came to a standstill in her search, her eyebrows furrowing. In a state of confusion, but also interest, she peaked behind the bookshelf to see Regulus looking like a faint silhouette. "Come here," he beckoned her, still whispering.

Apprehensively, she walked over. "Hey Reg, I understand you like the whole 'so mysterious' personality and everything but it's getting a little creepy," she said. 

"I don't try to be mysterious," he defended. "This is the only way I could speak to you without someone noticing. You didn't like the whole broom cupboard situation last time."

"Well, it's nice to know you take my feelings into account. What's up?"

Regulus' manner stayed composed, but she noticed the way his facial expression shifted slightly. His grey eyes flitted around them, making sure nobody was around. "Sirius still hasn't spoken to me," he said, quietly as if it was a secret being shared. "I... I just thought that you would have spoken to him."

"I did speak to him," Genevieve replied. "He said he wanted to talk to you, too."

An unbelieving, cynical smile made its way onto his lips. "Unless you count him hexing me in corridors as communication, I don't think you're right," he countered.

A twang of disappointment passed through her. "Maybe it's just his way at showing affection," Genevieve offered, but even she didn't sound confident.

"So he hexes you all the time, too?" Regulus asked, an eyebrow raised. He saw how she pressed her lips together, unable to give him an answer that would assure him in some way. "If Sirius does want to speak, why hasn't he tried?" he said.

"Because he's scared you'll screw him over."

"Screw him over? He was the one who left me behind. He screwed me over."

"And as soon as he left, you acted like he didn't exist," Genevieve replied, leaning casually against the bookshelf with her arms folded. "He may not have earned Number One Brother Award, but you're no saint in the situation either."

"I never claimed to be," Regulus argued, his voice lowering to a harsh whisper. "You can't blame me for being angry - not even angry, more betrayed - that he left and never stopped to think I might want to go with him."

It quickly became evident to Genevieve that Regulus hadn't been left - he had been abandoned. The one person who truly looked out for him had discarded him at the first chance he could, and now he had no one to protect him. A nauseating feeling swept over Genevieve as she wondered if Anna felt that way. Anna had never really had a sister, when Genevieve thought about it. She was never around long enough to be a sister.

"The one-eyed witch statue has a secret passage," Genevieve said quietly. "Say Dissendium, and it'll reveal itself. I'll tell Sirius to meet you there at 6 o'clock, but that's only if you want."

"I do," Regulus nodded, the frown etched between his eyebrows smoothing out. "I really do."

The sound of soft footsteps approaching brought their conversation to a steady halt. Turning to the bookshelves, Genevieve and Regulus both immersed themselves in pretending to look for a book. A Hufflepuff girl, who looked around in her second year, walked by and barely glanced at them, her neatly braided hair swinging behind her.