THREE

✧・°: *✧・゚:*

✧・°: *✧・゚:*

It was around seven in the morning when Genevieve emerged from under the sea of blankets she had buried herself in. She observed the room with half-awake eyes and figured out that everyone was still fast asleep, and some unusually load snores were coming from Marlenes' bed. Out the window the sky was tinted pink as the sun had only just started to rise.

Gen managed to crawl out of bed and slumped towards the bathroom. She grimaced at her appearance once she looked in the mirror. Like usual, her long hair was knotted and sticking out in every direction and like usual, she decided not to brush it. She merely washed her face and brushed her teeth and hoped that would be enough to make her presentable. She couldn't be bothered to change just yet as she wasn't going to end up going anywhere until around 8, so instead she made her way down to the common room.

Walking down the stairs she noticed that the common room was lit up by the fireplace, which meant someone was already down there. She watched flames dance around each other for a moment until spotting Sirius next to an open window with a distant look on his face.

"Morning, Genny," he greeted with a grin when he saw her heading to him. "Cigarette?" he asked, holding a packet up to her.

Her nose scrunched up. "You know I hate those things."

Sirius raised an eyebrow. "A simple no could have done, but I suppose your pessimism can be excused because of how early it is."

"How come you're down here so early?" she frowned, "It usually takes the whole lot of us to wake you up."

He wondered if he should lie to her for a moment then quickly remembered how bad of a liar he was. He always left James to do the lying. "Nightmare," he mumbled after a while. She nodded and looked away, for she already knew what it was about. His parents. He didn't get nightmares often, but when he did they were terrifying.

"What about you? Why are you up so early?" He puffed out another cloud of smoke, changing the conversation.

"You know me," she said, "always have been the early bird."

"The sunrise is almost as gorgeous as myself," he announced with a mocking tone of voice. She snorted.

"The only thing that's gorgeous about yourself is... actually i'll get back to you on that one."

"You're well funny, you are. A right jokester I might say," he complained, although his ego wasn't at all decreased in the slightest.

"I know that's sarcasm, but I'm taking that as a compliment so it reassures me that I actually am funny." She watched as Sirius grinned and threw his cigarette out the window. "You should really stop smoking those cancer sticks, you know."

She laughed at his pained face from the recommendation and then made her way back up to where the rest of the fifth year girls were.

When Gen walked in she saw Lily sorting through her bag, already changed and ready for the day but the others were still asleep. The clock on the wall read 7:30.