Chapter One

Between Mountains - Chapter One:

ALL I felt around my body was a small layer of tingling pain.

The pain was radiating under my skin, due to my first shift into wolf-form. But none of that mattered as I ran away, far from everything I was used to and grew up with. I just needed to get away.

My pack's warriors were close on my tail as I dashed into the woods. I did not know where I was going and how I was going to survive, but that seemed to be the least of my problems at the moment. My legs ache because of the miles of sprinting, my heart pumping like mad, and my skin numb from the unnatural stretching it endured. I am starting to get tired.

One of the warriors caught up to me, he surprised me by sinking his canines into my tail as he tried to make me stop my escape. Yelping in pain, I spun around on full alert. The stench of blood was now mixed into the crisp, woody air around us. I could feel that my tail was wet from the sticky, red substance.

He's a large brown werewolf, the tip of his ears dipped in beige, his eyes were dark brown orbs that gleamed in the moonlight. A big and muscular werewolf, one that deserved his title of a warrior.

How could my wolf-form possibly fight him off?

Growling, he slightly jumped forward to see if he could trigger my response, to his dismay, I just growled back. His teeth shone in the moonlight. He is angry and irritated, probably because I'm wasting his time and effort.

Suddenly, he lets out a deadly howl, informing his fellow warriors of our whereabouts. Then letting his head down, our eyes locked automatically, I could see the authority in his eyes. He wanted me to submit. Submit my defeat.

I could hear the other wolves coming towards us, nearing us, as their short abrupt breathing got louder by the second.

I had to get away from here….and fast.