0𝟏𝟏. how to be the dancing queen

Start from the beginning

She blinked and time sped away. Annabeth was no longer by her side. She was yelling something to Thalia who— oh. Her spear was pointed at Luke's neck.

"He's a traitor!" She could faintly hear Thalia yelling.

Against the logical part of her brain telling her to stay put, Lennon struggled to stand up. When she was finally upright, her head immediately went light. She strained against her body to get to Annabeth.

She reached Annabeth as Thalia kicked Luke off the cliff's edge. A traitorous part of her heart felt sad at the sight. She couldn't erase the time when Luke felt like a big brother to her, as much as she wanted to. She followed the others as they looked over the edge where his broken form lay on the rocks.

One of the giants looked up and growled, "Kill them!"

Annabeth grabbed her arm and pulled her back as a wave of javelins sailed over their heads.

Lennon blinked and they were in front of Artemis who held Zoë in her arms. Her eyes were open and she was breathing but... the look on Artemis' face. They were talking but it was all faint mumbling to Lennon.

"The stars," Zoë murmured. "I cannot see them."

Those words Lennon could hear. In her dazed state, she was worried for her friend.

Another blink and Lennon could hear a machine gun. Some talking and then, "That's... my dad!"

There was movement around Lennon but she couldn't pay attention to it. She was too busy trying to deal with her lightheadedness. She tried to blink away the shining spots in her eyes with difficulty. She could barely see in front of her.

"Lennon! Come on! Can you stand?" That was Percy's voice.

She turned and opened her mouth but no words came out. Instead, she swayed and lost her balance, almost falling. He caught her in his arms and she slumped into his shoulder. The sharp pain in her head was unbearable.

Soon the sounds of the world faded away from her and her sight became black.

The taste of blueberry waffles filled Lennon's mouth. She hadn't had her mother's blueberry waffles since she'd lived with her. She'd never realized how happy the taste made her.

The sound came back to her and she opened her eyes to a starry night. Percy was looking down at her worriedly with ambrosia in his hand.

"Morning," She paused. "Or... night?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yup," He watched her with an anxious look. "Really, I'm fine. No more woozy head, see," She sat up just in time to see that they were landing in Crissy Field.

Annabeth immediately ran to give her father a hug who, apparently, had shot at the monsters in his Sopwith Camel.

"Dad! You flew... you shot... oh my gods! That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!"

Lennon leaned against Percy— who held an arm around her to keep her stable— as they watched the exchange.

Her father blushed. "Well, not bad for a middle-aged mortal, I suppose."

"But the celestial bronze bullets! How did you get those?"

"Ah, well. You did leave quite a few half-blood weapons in your room in Virginia, the last time you... left."