0𝟏𝟏. how to be the dancing queen

eleven
how to be the dancing queen

IT SEEMS PERCY'S INSANE IDEAS rubbed off on Lennon because while Thalia went straight for Luke, Percy and Lennon charged at Atlas.

He laughed as they approached. A huge javelin appeared in his hands. His silk suit melted into full Greek battle armor. "Go on, then!"

"Percy! Lennon!" Zoë said. "Beware!"

She was reminding them of ancient rules. It meant that if they choose to fight him, he could attack back with all his strength.

Percy swung his sword, and Atlas knocked him aside with the shaft of his javelin. He flew through the air and slammed into a black wall. Lennon glanced at where he'd fallen. It wasn't Mist anymore. The palace was rising, brick by brick. It was becoming real.

"Fool!" Atlas screamed gleefully, swatting aside one of Zoë's arrows. "Did you think, simply because you could challenge that petty war god, that you could stand up to me?"

Lennon brought her attention back to him as he swung his javelin down on her. She raised her sword and planted her feet. Her sword clashed with the javelin and she strained as she held the weapon back above her.

"Stupid girl!" He seethed. "Luke told me about you. You're inconsequential but..." He chuckled gravelly. "It seems you're dense too. That curse though... I won't kill you, fate already has plans for you,"

He pushed and Lennon was sent stumbling back. As soon as she was gone he'd turned his attention back to Percy, who was charging at him. She didn't matter, it was Percy he wanted to fight.

She watched as Atlas's javelin slashed toward Percy. But he looked like he was struggling, he couldn't hold up his sword. Lennon sent an arc of blazing light to Atlas, blinding him and weakening his blow. It still hit Percy but luckily, it didn't send him flying through the air.

"I'm getting tired of you," Atlas growled. His javelin came at her so fast she didn't even see it coming. She flew far through the air, hitting one of the quickly appearing walls.

She hit the wall with a thud and her head hit the ground. A sharp pain was sent through her head. She groaned weakly and tried to blink through the pain. She could barely sit up. Everything around her was a blur. She could hear signs of fighting. A yell of protest and the whistle of arrows.

Through her daze, she fixed her eyes on Annabeth who wasn't too far from her. Eventually, she was able to make her way to her.

"Hi,"

A weak smile appeared on Annabeth's bruised and tear-stained face. "Hi,"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, I should be asking you that. Are you okay?"

Lennon grinned weakly and gave her a shaky thumbs up. "Me? I feel like I'm the dancing queen... only seventeen."

Despite everything going on, Annabeth let out a small, pained laugh.

A quick moment of clarity shot through Lennon and she looked at Annabeth. "I need to get you out of—"

"I've got it," Annabeth held up her unbound hands, Lennon's sword in her hand.

Lennon nodded tiredly. "Good, we need to..." Her vision went fuzzy again. Seeing Annabeth had made her forget about the pain coursing through her body.

She scanned the area around her, trying to figure out what was going on. She could see the fuzzy outline of Percy carrying something. What was it?