Offer 33

Sat at their usual lunch table was a group of misfits comforting their sulking friend.

"The Commander definitely has the hots for her and she seems to have it for him too. It was never gonna be you"

Well at least half of them tried to uplift his mood. The others slapped him with reality. The group were telling Jean about how they had seen y/n entering Erwin's room late last night on their way back from 'the toilet'.

"Maybe she was just discussing something with him?"

He was hard in denial.

"At midnight? It couldn't wait?"

Mikasa tried to rationalise but Jean refused to believe any of it.

"Did you see the way he dragged her in there too? Fat chance man"

Connie's statement earned an agreement from everyone. Everyone except the heartbroken mullet man.

"Wait but do you guys actually think there's something going on between them? Like I mean, she seemed to hate his guts just two weeks ago"

"That's......true?"

Armin went to agree but trailed off when their Commander walked into the room talking to y/n - the smile on his face hard to miss.

"Scratch that, something is definitely going on. How often do we get to see Commader Erwin smile?"

"Why don't I just a-"

Jean stood up to leave but Armin was quick to drag him back down into his seat.

"Don't waste your time, just look at them"

Turning his neck, Jean glanced at the pair who were a little too close for his liking. With a heavy sigh, he turned back around - Connie patting his back.

"It's okay man, you'll find someone"

"Now that we've established she won't be returning your feelings, can we talk about how cute they would be if they were actually dating?"

Historia couldn't help but squeal. Today was one of those rare days her duties allowed her to visit the scouts and act just as normal as when she was apart of the regiment.

"Oh my gosh they would! Like I can't see either of them being all mushy but I bet they're absolute softies when they're alone"

The few girls squealed and nodded their heads in agreement but ofcourse a select handful were against the idea.

"Yeah right"

Eren rolled his eyes. The thought of the pair being together made him sick.

"Must you always be so jealous?"

"Still holding a grudge a year late? Let it go bro"

Connie sided with Sasha as he gave her half of his bread.

"Guys who do you think would confess first?"

"The commander for sure. I've already envisioned it over two thousand times"

Historia spoke as she remembered the way Erwin worked restlessly to find evidence that proved y/n didn't kill Ymir. And then the day he rushed out of the courtroom to get her. From that alone, she figured out 'Shadow' was y/n.

"Reckon they argue often? She was totally ignoring him for a couple days the past fortnight"

"Y'know I don't think they've actually been at eachothers throats as much as it seems. Like from day one"