20 : daugther-in-law

"Eunyoung-"

Before her mom could finish her words, she already slammed her bedroom door causing to a loud bang.

As usual, she would spend her day by crying in her room after she comes back from school. She had nothing to do moreover her mom was not allowing her to go anywhere after school like she always do before. Heeseo? She missed her a lot.

It was hard to see Heeseo without talking to her at school. She wanted to talk to her badly and there was a lot of things she want to rant about. Only because her mom moniter her at all times, she had to distract from her. If she could follow her heart, she just want to be with Heeseo all the time.

Eunyoung looked at the polaroids that neatly plastered on her wall of her room. She missed the moment where they were enjoying their moment together at the festival. For the first time, she can be elated after went through a hard time. 

Jake was waiting for Heeseo to get herself done after the class last period. She was arranging her books and put it inside her bag.

"Jake, can we go somewhere else first? I don't want to be at home yet." She asked while Jake just nodded his head. Surely, he wants to spend more time with her.

Jake took a moment to think, "Do you want to go to my house?'' He asked. Heeseo was shocked at first because she thinks about the other meaning of his words.

He quickly shooked his head, denying it right away after seeing her shocking face. "No, no, no. Its not like what you think. I mean, my home. There is my mother too. Don't worry." He gave her a reassured smile and tried to convince her.

"Oh, I see. Sorry for assuming that."

"No, no. Its my words make you misunderstood."

They walked together to his house through the neighbourhood. Jake helped her carrying some of Heeseo's book.

"Heeseo."

She turned her head to him as he called her and raised her eyebrows to tell him to continue his words.

''I noticed that you barely with Eunyoung these days. What happened?''

''I- I don't know.'' She also had no idea why Eunyoung was distancing herself. It almost a month yet they still didn't talk with each other. It was a lie if she said she not miss her.

"Try talk to her then."

"I tried, but she would ignore me."

-

"MOM! I'm home." Jake said once he reached the doorstep.

His mother welcoming him with a huge grin on her face. "Jake! Wait, who's this pretty girl here?" She said as she noticed a girl shyly stands beside him.

"Hello, aunty. I'm Heeseo." Heeseo said and bowed to show respect to elderly person.

"Hi, dear. Come in and get yourself comfortable. I will be here later.''

"Thank you, aunty."

"I will go change my clothes first. Wait here.'' Jake said before he went upstairs.

Heeseo takes a look around the house. It not a fancy house but it more like a warm one. She saw their family frame with a little Jake still could not do a proper peace sign. "How cute he is." Heeseo was smiling through their picture. A blissful family.

She took a look around and found herself at the kitchen, seeing Mrs.Sim was cooking. "Aunty, let me cut this veggies."

"Oh, no need, dear. I will do it. You must be tired after coming back from school."

"No, no. It's fine. I'm used to it too." Mrs.Sim nodded and let her lend a hand.

Mrs.Sim and Heeseo laughter audible enough for Jake to hear it from upstairs." Woah, woah. What's going here?"

"Jake, look! I found my soon daughter in-law." His mother said and nudging his shoulder.

"Oh, aunty. Don't call me that. I'm just-" She was slightly blush by his mother words. 

"Just what? I told you to not call me aunty too, right? Just call me mom, dear."

Mrs.Sim faced his son, "Jake, look at Heeseo. Pretty, kind-hearted, and good in cooking. She's on my top list right now."

"What list?"

"Oh, lord. Nevermind. Let just eat."

His mother then come closer to his ear, "Heeseo cook it. Just for you.'' His mother whispered to his ear and blinked.

"She's isn't? The girl that made you lost your mind that day?"

"W-what?" he frowned.

''Let's eat childs!" His mother ignored him and left him bewildered by his mother question.

Jake continuously shoved the mouth-watering foods into his mouth. His mother smiled slyly thinking that her son barely had a huge apetite lately.

"See? I told you. She's on my top list."

"Can't deny it anymore. It was so good.'' He was nodding while shoving another slice of the meat into his mouth.

Heeseo choked on her food,hearing the mother-son conversation talking about her.

"Here's the water. Be careful." Jake quickly handed her a glass of water.

''Your mom helped me too actually. I just did what she told me to do.''

"But it still good though. Both cooks are my favourite."

Mrs.Sim on the other side was grinning widely seeing their interaction in front of her. "Maybe I put too much sugar on this drink?" She said in her heart while sipping the apple juice she made.

"Thank you, aunty. I mean, mom. I'm having fun to be here."

"Not a big deal, dear. Come again and it will be good to have you again."

"I will go first." she walked away after bid a goodbye to his mother.

Mrs.Sim looked at his son, wondering why he did not follow her nor send her. "Jake! Send her home. I don't her to walk alone."

Jake let out a sighed after being pushed by his mother and quickly follow Heeseo from behind. 

"Whoever get there first will be the winner." Jake said after passing her and left her behind. 

Mrs.Sim looked at them from her doorstep. "I'm happy that you have someone by your side now. I trust her like she is my own daughter.'' She smiled to herself.

"JAKE! WAIT FOR ME!"