Chapter 5

Éowyn stood up and went to the door smiling at Y/N " Thank you again, bye"

Later, inside the Golden hall, Y/N was drinking tea served by one of the maids and Gimli was eating, behind them stood Legolas and there were two children eating. Apparently Gandalf found them while he was outside with King Theoden. Eowyn stood next to them comforting them.

"They had no warning.They were unarmed. Now the wild men are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go. Rick , cot and tree." Eowyn said

"Where's mama?" The little girl asked

"Shh" Eowyn shushed her

"This is but a taste of the terror Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children." Gandalf said leaning and putting his hand on Theodens chair "You must fight."

"You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Eomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king." Aragorn said

"They will be three hundred leagues from here by now. Eomer cannot help us. I know what it is that you want of me. But i will bring no further death to my people. I will not risk open war."

Gimli took a bite out of his bread and Y/N took a sip of her tea as they looked at eachother and then at Aragorn and Theoden.

"Open war is upon you. Whether you should risk it or not."

"When last time i looked , Theoden , not Aragorn , was king of Rohan."

Gimli took a sip out of his drink and burped.

"Then what is the kings decision?" Gandalf asked.

-

Everyone was packing , getting ready to leave for Helms Deep. Y/N got her own horse, she was happy that she had her own horse and didn't have to ride with Legolas anymore , although she kind of enjoyed it. She was
in the stables petting the horse when someone came in.

"What is its name?" A voice asked

Y/N turned around and saw Legolas standing there looking at her before turning back to petting the horse.

"I think i'm gonna name it..." Y/N thought for a moment "Nina" Y/N smiled , she named it after her best friend.

"An unique name , i like it" Legolas said "What do you think about Theodens decision to travel for Helms Deep?"

"I don't know, it's the kings decision , not mine." Y/N said "Well we better make haste"

"Very well" Legolas said as Y/N paused for a moment Make haste ? Since when do i talk like that? Y/N thought.

"Are you alright Y/N?" Legolas asked noticing she has stopped

"Yes, i'm quite alright" Y/N said before walking again with Legolas next to her.

-

"By the order of the king  , the city must empty. We must make for the refuge of Helms Deep. Do not burden yourself with treasures. Take only what provisions you need." A guard yelled.

People were moving around , gathering their belongings and preparing to move. Gandalf , Y/N , Legolas , Gimli and Aragorn were walking to the stables to get there horses.

"Helms Deep! They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king." Gimli said

"He's only doing what he thinks is best for his people." Y/N said and Aragorn nodded in agreement

"Yes, Helms Deep has saved them in the past" Aragorn said as the group entered the stables

      "There is no way out of that ravine. Theoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he's leading them to safety. What they will get is a massacre. Theoden has a strong will but I fear for him . I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need you before the end, Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you the defenses have  to hold."Gandalf said

"They will hold" Aragorn said