~Chapter Seven~

The sun had risen high up in the sky, it's bright lights flooding the little dark room. The city had come to life as people went about their daily lives.

Jay stood at the window. He had been almost awake throughout the entire night. Except for the occasional times when he'd drift off.

His discussion with his brother didn't end well. He kept on thinking about it. It was actually the main reason why he couldn't sleep. It really bothered him because Nick was also involved in the whole matter as he himself.

Why didn't Nick believed him? It did kind of sounded crazy and stupid but he knew it was all true even though his brother didn't want to believe.

Nick had never believed in anything paranormal or supernatural. He always said that none of those things ever existed but were all handiwork of desperate humans who needed something to worship or probably to believe in.

He knew it would be difficult to convince him. Trying to make him understand was like trying to break a wall with a fist. Nick was a hot headed kind of person who found it difficult to believe anything unless he saw proof that such thing was actually real.

He let out a heavy breath and drew the curtains a little that only a small amount of sunshine came in through the glass. He sauntered back to the chair which he remembered was the only thing that was capable of taking his weight for the long and silent night.

He wasn't really fat, but he never liked the idea of having much flesh on his body. Mom always complained about it but he preferred the way he was. He had built for himself a well toned body on his medium sized frame. But it couldn't be compared to that of his brother.

Nick was initially a foodie but when he had taken enough of the insults and jests people threw at him as a result of his bulky size, he went into full time work out.

Over time, Nick converted all the fats in his body and took on a new look. He grew muscles and abs that even his friends became envious of his physique. He still worked out at any given opportunity. It was one of the reasons why girls were attracted to him even though he only wanted one out of the crowd.

Jay sat down and fixed his gaze at the window. He couldn't see anything that happened below from where he sat but he still looked at it anyways as there was nothing else of interest in the room.

He had already tried scrolling through his phone. But there were no messages. He had no friends to text and not much to text him. The only people he could acknowledge as friends were mostly those who he met at the city library where he usually spends his time, if he wasn't at school or at home doing one chore from another.

He knew he was living a very lonely life, a life in which his family were the only ones he was familiar with. But he couldn't do anything about it. He had built up a wall around him that he thought would protect him but now that he was beginning to feel the loneliness it brought him, he couldn't bring the wall down.

He had tried bringing it down, both Nick and Anna, and even their parents had all tried to help him overcome it, yet it remained. To him, bringing down that wall was totally impossible so he had welcomed it even more and decided to live on with it.

Anna and Kim had come to check up on them awhile ago but when they found out that Nick was still sleeping, they decided to seize the opportunity and see the other places in the large hospital.

"Jay" someone called

He turned and found Nick wide awake staring back at him

"So you're finally awake" Jay remarked