Acorn Street

So... funny story. I intended on having You Love Me and When We're Alone be my last multi-chapter fanfics but then this plot is something I've been toying with and I really want to write it. Not sure how many chapters this will be... I'm thinking maybe 10 or so, but we'll see! As you may have noticed updates aren't posted weekly anymore like I used to do, but I appreciate your patience! Updates will still be put out kind of *whenever* but I'll try to stay as consistent as possible. Life is busy but writing on some of my down time is what I love doing. I really hope you guys enjoy this one... definitely going to be a lot darker than my other stories as you may have realized after reading the description of the plot. This story will be a primary focus on Sue, her life, and her relationships. It will be HEAVY on the Emily and Sue interaction (OF COURSE) but she will have interactions with others/flashbacks/etc. I will put any trigger warnings on each chapter if I'm writing about something heavy. And... I already know you're going to ask... yes this will end up being smutty. Like... emotional, hot and heavy smut with probably a lil freaky sprinkled in, too, because I can't resist. Let the slow burn happen for a minute tho, okay? All Love. Now I'll really be back in a few weeks! Enjoy!

-- H 

...

Trigger Warning--brief talk of suicide.

...

Fall quickly approached in Boston and this was the busiest time of year for Sue and her business. She was a full-time photographer and had been working solo for the past year and a half. She used to work for the Boston Herald for a few years as the local photographer, but she was able to gain enough clientele to finally work for herself—which was her ultimate goal when it came to working as a photographer.

Sue knelt down as she put her camera into the bag carefully. She had just finished an engagement photoshoot with a couple she had worked with in the past for another project last year. They requested they had their pictures taken in Beacon Hill on Acorn Street—the most photographed street in Boston and a street that Sue would often frequent. She had done many photoshoots on this one little street, but her best friend, Emily, also lived in the apartment on top of the small hill of the street.

The street was exceptionally beautiful during this time of year, though. The leaves on the trees were red, yellow, and orange—covering the ground as they continued to fall. People had pumpkins out on their stairs and in front of their apartments to make it more inviting and cozier, which was another reason why this one little street appealed to so many Bostonians and tourists who came to the city.

Sue zipped up her camera bag after loading her last few things in and stood up with it as she swung it over her shoulder. As she was about to start walking toward the bus stop nearby on Beacon Street, her phone vibrated in her coat pocket. She reached in to grab it and unlocked her phone—opening up to the message that just came through.

Emily [10:13 A.M.]

You done yet? I just brewed up a pot of coffee.

Sue raised an eyebrow at the text but smiled. She didn't remember telling Emily she had a shoot on her street this morning. Another text buzzed through.

Emily [10:14 A.M.]

And before you ask, I was watering my plants a little while ago and saw you taking photos at the bottom of the hill.

Sue chuckled and bit her lip as she began to reply.

Sue [10:15 A.M.]

I don't know, Dickinson. Sounds a lot like you were stalking me this morning.

Emily [10:15 A.M.]

Yeah, yeah! Lol. Come up to my place after you're done?

Sue glanced up the road to the top of the hill and kept her lip between her teeth—still smiling.