1:Just A Spoon Full

Start from the beginning

"Just sit down!" Mr. Autumn barked. "And next time you show up late to my class, you will be receiving an automatic detention. Am I clear?"

I nodded quickly, rushing away from the door to take the empty seat by the pencil sharpener.

"I'm sorry. I didn't quite hear you, Ms. Rodgers. I said, am I clear?"

My eyes went wide as I stared at the smooth desktop. I-I never, ever speak in class. It is almost like a phobia, except I am not really scared of speaking in front of people. I just never really talk, I guess.

"C'mon!"

"He's waiting for you to say something!"

"Just do it already!"

People shouted from their seats. It was starting to get pretty tense in here, and it was ultimately my fault.

"Ms. Rodgers, I-"

"Goddammit! Just leave her alone!" Luke exclaimed, standing up from his glossy wooden desk. Everyone seemed to jolt their heads back towards Luke's sudden outburst.

"She nodded, right? Isn't that enough!?"

I looked in Luke's direction and saw that his face was totally composed. However, his skin was slowly turning red with anger. He hated when people nitpicked at me.

"Mr. Davis, sit down" The teacher hissed, annoyance controlling his tone. Luke let out a gnarly growl as he sat down. And with that, the bell suddenly rang saving the day once again. Such an awaited shrill of sound, happily dismissing the students from their classrooms. I absolutely adored it. With that, I quickly stood up and flew out the door.

"Ari, wait!" Luke called, and I pressed against the nearest locker in response.

"What the hell, you could've waited for me," he huffed, flipping his slightly curly hair.

"Sorry," I said faintly, my eyes not meeting his.

"Hey, it's alright. A-are you okay?" his warm voice suddenly cooled down. I looked up, regretfully, to see his big, brown eyes filled with worry.

"I'm fine. It's nothing I'm not used to," I said, shuffling my biology book in my arms. He frowned and took the heavy book from my arms, a minuscule smirk rising on my lips.

"And don't you dare think of doing anything like that ever again," I added, his eyebrows shooting up at my sudden demand.

"I'm just going to take that as a 'jee, thanks for defending me' Luke. "

I shook my head and let out a laugh, "I mean, thank you. But don't ever do that again or I'll hurt you." Luke chuckled loudly, and my smile grew bigger at the sound of his warm chuckles.

"Fine, but let's get going or we'll be late for lunch and you know what happens when we're late to lunch." I rolled my eyes, beginning to walk away.

"No, I'm serious! You don't understand! I become this huge, ugly monster, almost like the Hulk! It's horrible," he babbled, and I giggled quietly.

"Well, you've got the ugly part down, so all you need is to become big and scary," I teased, while he held open the huge cafeteria doors.

"Ha. Hilarious," he murmured sarcastically, closing the double door behind us.

I chuckled softly at his response. Rosalyn and Luke were the only light in my life and without them, everything would be a mess.

Since the accident, I have not opened up to anyone else and I mean, like no one else. Besides, I don't like speaking too much in general. I can hardly talk to the teachers and my own mother, without screwing anything up. I could never talk to all my other classmates openly.