𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

( TUESDAY NIGHT )

When I got home, I immediately went to the shower. After my shower I wrapped my hair up in a towel and got changed then scrolled through Instagram. This was before Malachi texted me.

malachi 💩

u awake?

maliah 💩

malachi it's 8pm yes im still awake lol

malachi 💩

then when are u going to sleep?

maliah 💩

idk prolly around 10:30 why?

malachi 💩

no reason

maliah 💩

ur being weird what happened

malachi 💩

nothing nothing nothing lmao

everythings fine

maliah 💩

u sure?

malachi 💩

yup!

maliah 💩

ok night night

malachi 💩

night night

( WEDNESDAY )

"I like your shoes." Malachi comments as he joins my side when I walk in through the gate.

I looked for Nova to talk to her but she hadn't came yet.

"Thank you Malachi." I smile. "I like your shirt." I add.

He had been wearing a brown tye-dy-ish looking shirt that had little surfing graphics.

"Thank you Maliah." he smiled.

"So have you decided if you're sitting with us at lunch today?" he asks, "I guess I am because Nova isn't here." I shrug.

Usually when she's late I'll wait by the front gate but I didn't do that today. Usually I call her or even text her every night, but I hadn't done that the past two nights. And now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've talked to her since Friday.

"You good?" Malachi asks, wiping his mouth from water he had just gotten from a water fountain.

"I just feel like I did something wrong with Nova. She's my best friend and I haven't talked to her since Friday." I answer, "I'm sure you guys are okay." he replies, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Ew gross Malachi! You wiped your mouth on that hand!" I squeal, pushing his hand off my shoulder.

"You're such a big baby." he replies, "I am not a b-" I got interrupted by someone behind me coughing in to my ear.

"Nova!" I exclaim, going to hug her but she steps back.

"Can I talk to you?" she asks, "Sure." I shrug.

"I'll be back." I tell Malachi.

"You were supposed to pick me up this morning." Nova tells me, "I was? Oh shit- sorry. I got side tracked an-"

"With what? Malachi?" she interrupts. "What? N- no. I'm just- I have a lot on my plate right now and it slipped my mind." I tell her.

"Yeah it's clear you have a lot on your plate right now. You're too busy to pick me up on the way to school, you're too busy to call me like you usually do, or even text me, right?" she asks, "Yeah." I answer.

"Yeah. Okay. You're too busy to call me, but you're not too busy to stay up all night with Malachi on facetime. But, you're not too busy to be all buddy buddy with your boy toy Malachi at the beach." she scoffs.

"Nova, it's not like that. We had to film. And he's not my boy toy, he's an actual person, my best friend." I begin, "You know what Maliah? I get it, you're an actress and it's going to be your life pretty soon here. You're gonna meet new people and I know that. I always have known that, I've just never known they'd replace me." she replies.

"You're not being replaced. Nova-" I state, "Save it Maliah. You can talk to me about this at lunch." she says before walking away.

I hadn't been talking to Malachi that much that I hadn't even thought about Nova. Okay. Maybe I have but still. It's not like I meant to not call her.

"You good?" Malachi asks from behind me.

"I believe I just lost my best friend." I sigh.

( LUNCH )

I grabbed my school lunch tray and walked off. I saw Malachi smiling at me, and then Logan, Aiden, and Niko all waving me over. I smiled at them before walking over to them.

"Hey." I greet, "Hey Maliah." Logan smiles. Niko and Aiden uttered small hey's in my direction as they continued their conversation.

"Yo, I like your shoes." Logan comments, "Thanks." I laugh as Niko and Aiden looked down at my shoes.

"Yo, those are fire. You're whole outfit is fire." Niko comments, "Thank you." I laugh.

"Yeah, I like em." Aiden adds.

"Yesterday, she had these ones like cream-ish white and like a white shirt like she's so good at matching her outfits with her shoes." Malachi tells the boys, "Technically Maya picked that one out but still." I reply.

"You guys hung out yesterday? Was that why you weren't here?" Aiden asks, "We had to film." me and Malachi answer at the same time.

The conversation about Seasonal Outrage didn't last that long before they started talking about skating.

"Bro literally, so since Maliah is best friend's with Nova, Nova skates and so she tries to teach Maliah, but it never works. We gotta teach her." Malachi tells the boys.

"Hey! I can do an Ollie, sort of." I tell him, "Yeah you still have learning to do, Mal." he says, tapping my hand with his own.

At the mention of Nova I felt like I was forgetting something. Like it's right there I just forgot what it was.

"Shit! I was supposed to talk to Nova at lunch! Hold on I'll be right back." I tell them, squirming out of my seat, leaving my tray.

I looked for Nova but she was no where to be found. 

Wait... we always ate lunch in the library. Oh my fuck. I feel so bad.

I go back to their table and plopped down in my seat.

"How'd it go? That was quick." Malachi asked, "She's in the library. All alone. I feel so bad." I answer, stabbing at the green beans on my plate.

"She'll be okay. You guys will be okay." Logan tells me rubbing my back.

"But she thinks she's being replaced by Malachi and she's not. And I was supposed to talk to her about it at lunch and I totally forgot!" I exclaim.

"Hey, Maliah. You'll be okay. Next period you can talk to her." Malachi assures me.

"I can't loose her." I reply, "You won't." he states.

And for a moment, I hoped he had been right.

KIERA SPEAKS: lil bit of drama logan likes maliah. nova hates malachi. nova and maliah are having issues. theres a lot goin on rn.