𝐓𝐰𝐨

My eyes scanned over the email once more, making sure I hadn't been dreaming. This was about to be my life. I was going to wake up tomorrow, go to the auditions, and rock their shit. And this will be my career, my future.

Hello Maliah Linton,

My name is Jonas Banks. I am the director of a new Netflix original called Seasonal Outrage. It's about a group of three teenagers, ( Sophia Doyle, Jackson Cameron, and Cash Clinton ) and they are all chasing down treasure on Cherry Bomb, a small island off the coast of Hawaii. All while they're on the run from the police. On behalf of the other crew members and I, we would like you to read through the scripts and decide between three female roles that you would like to portray. Sophia Doyle, who is 16, is truly the life of the party, she's always making stupid decisions with her life long best friend, Jackson Cameron, who's also part of the little beach crew. Little do they know, they're both falling for each other. The second option being Lilly Clinton, Cash's younger sister (by a year so she's 15) who tries so hard to be apart of her brother's friend group but never can. And the last option being, Ally Wilson. It's a bit of a stretch, considering she's older (18), but I think you could fit the character. She's a bit of a mess. She struggles with heavy anxiety and slight depression. We would be truly grateful for you to take up one of these roles. I cannot wait to see what the future will bring. The scripts are attached to this email.

Thank you for your consideration,

Jonas Banks

17 Attachments

"When are you gonna stop staring at that email and actually practice your lines?" My mom asks me, drawing my attention almost immediately.

"I looked over it once!" I defend, "Yeah well hurry up and get ready so I can take you to the auditions." she replies.

"Mom I'm scared." I whine, going to my closet to pick out an outfit.

"Well don't be. You're gonna rock their shit stupid." she replies, "I mean, you are kinda right." I laugh.

"Now get out so I can change." 

"Don't be bossy." she laughs as she exits.

I had changed into a black crop top and baggy ripped jeans, then threw a white button up long sleeve over that.

( this if u cant imagine it without a pic ) 

"Mom! I'm ready to go!" I call, putting um in my mouth as I grab my phone and airpods

"Mom! I'm ready to go!" I call, putting um in my mouth as I grab my phone and airpods. "Okay!" she calls back.

...

"Thank you mom, you're a slayer." I tell her as I exit the passenger seat, "Just text me when you need a ride home, okay?" she replies, "Will do. Bye love you." I reply.

"Love you. Break a leg." she says before driving off.

I walked into the building, fiddling with the tips of my fingernails as I took my seat.

There was only me and 3 other girls, who I assume had been trying out for Sophia Doyle. I wanted to audition for Lilly Clinton or Sophia. 

"Hey I'm Maliah." I greet towards a blonde girl. She had brown eyes, dark brown eyes, darker than like, lungs of someone who smokes.

"Missy." she smiles, shaking my hand.

"So are you auditioning for Sophia Doyle?" I ask, "Yeah are you?" she asks back.

"Lilly." I state, "Cool. Not the main role, not as important but, cool, I guess." she shrugs, "I mean. She's still a character, and she won't have as much line to remember." I reply.

"That just sounds lazy." she replies, "Oh, um okay." I reply, turning to the girl to the right of me.

"Who are you auditioning for?" I ask her, "Sophia. Or Lilly." she answers.

"Oh that's cool. I'm also auditioning for Lilly." I reply, "Cool." she replies, keeping it quiet.

So, I stand up and walk over to the girl that was sitting across from me.

"Hey, I'm Maliah." I smile, putting my hand out towards the shy girl.

"I'm Dove." she replies sheepishly, shaking my hand.

"That's a pretty name." I state, "Thanks, I like yours too." she replies.

"Thank you. So what are you auditioning for?" I ask, "I want to audition for Sophia, but I'm scared I'm too quiet for a lead role. So, I'm auditioning for Ally Wilson." she states.

"I think you could get the role." I tell her, "Really?" she asks, "Of course!" I reply.

"Will Maliah Linton please come with me?" A women asks, opening a door I didn't even know was there.

"You're gonna rock their shit." I tell Dove before walking away.

"So you're gonna come with me. We have a few other actors you will be acting with to see who you're most compatible with." The women said.

"Okay." I smile.

"So you're auditioning for Lilly and or Sophia?" she asks, "Yep." I smile.

"Well, break a leg." she says, opening a curtain.

I saw four boys, all looking around my age. One of those boys being one from the skatepark yesterday.

...

"Okay, Maliah would you want to try some of Sophia's lines? We feel as though you have a lot of potential to play her role." Jonas asked me.

"Uh... yeah sure!" I answer.

"Great. We'll have an audition for Jackson be here shortly." he tells me as a guy and a young boy walked through the door.

"Nevermind, he's here right now." Jonas smiles.

"Maliah, this is Malachi, Malachi this is Maliah." the guy introduces.

"I thought you didn't act." I laugh, "I said only a little bit." he replies.

"So this was the thing you had to study for last night?" I ask.

"Sorry to interrupt but do you guys already know each other?" The guy asks, "Yeah- well kind of. We met like just last night." Malachi tells him.

"Oh. Well I'll leave you to it, break a leg you two." he says before walking away.

"Okay, shall we get started?" Jonas asks, "We shall." I smile.

KIERA SPEAKS: helo helo! the next ch should be out pretty soon im alr almost halfway done writing it