14

Knox

Waking up in the morning I realize I'm not at home. I look around and see Caline asleep next to me with her face hidden by the thick comforter.

"Hey how'd I get here" I ask shaking her a little bit. She groans turning around her beautiful sleepy eyes looking at me.

"I don't know why don't you tell me" she says getting up and out of bed.

"Loose the fucking bitchyness"

"You know what Knox fuck you. You can leave now" she says slamming the door behind her.

I het out of bed and feel a dull ache in my stomach. Then I remember what happened last night and how I got here. I walk out of the room and hear noise coming from the kitchen.

"Thank you" I say walking taking a seat at the island.

"Yup" Is all she says sliding me a cup of coffee.

She checks her phone then head back down the hall. Coming back a few moments later with a black hoodie my phone and a set of keys. She tosses me the hoodie and sets my phone and keys on the counter in front of me.

"God damn is Caline" I say getting up wrapping my arms around her hugging her right to my body.

"I was a dick okay I get that. I will fuck up like that a lot I know I will but I'm going to try okay"

"Knox just you need to let me in or let me go. This hot and cold shit isn't going to work. I get that you have a reputation to uphold but just because you with me and show me this side of you I front of others won't make you weak"

I'm about to answer when I hear the front door open I look down and see her smiling up at me but it's a different kind of smile.

"WAKE UP FUCKER"

"For fucks sake shut the fuck up" I say walking out of the kitchen and see Cas with some little girl. She lets go of his hand and runs over to me wrapping her small arms around my waist. I point down to the little girl wondering why the fucks she hugging me.

"This is Victoria you carried her out of the house last night" I nod remembering the little one who lets go of me when Caline walks out of the kitchen "Turns out she has no family and she's not in any foster system"

"She could be from another country" I say walking into the living room and sit down on the couch with the kid right behind me.

"What with this kid"  I ask moving away from her a little bit.

"Don't be a dick" Caline says as she comes and sits down in front of the girl.

"How old are you honey" she softly asks and I watch the little one next to me sit up a little bit straighter.

"7" she says holding up seven fingers.

"Do you remember who your mom or dad are or where you lived" Caline asks carefully.

"Um well my mommy lived in that house I was born there" fuck her mom must of been sold off before I could get there. Those sick fucks probably taped her mom or some shit.

"Do you remember what happened to you mommy" Caline asks her taking her onto her lap because she started crying.

"She got sick and didn't wake up one day" I have to admit that her story broke me a little bit. Here she is just a little thing and had to watch her mom die then probably dragged out while she was held back or beaten for crying because of it.

"Cel I Um have a favor to ask" Cas says taking a seat next to me. For fucks sake this kid can not stay here.

"No fucking way Cas" I say standing up.

"Why the fuck not Knox she'll have a life here with Cel" I know he's right but I do t think I can be with her if she's got that kid.

"What where you going to ask me Cas" Caline says glaring at me.

"Is there any way she can stay with you. We've been trying to find family but it seems she doesn't have any. Lorenzo said he'll have paperwork made out making you her legal Guardian and he'll help you set her up with what ever you need" I can't believe this she's going to just let this kid into her life. What about me.

"Yes she can stay" the little girl jumps up off her lap and hugs Cas. I grab Caline and drag her down the hall to her room.

"What the fuck Knox"

"What the fuck are you doing Caline did you ever fucking think that maybe I don't wNt kids, mine or not" she crosses her arms over her chest and glares at me.

"Fuck you Knox if you want to make this what ever this sick fucked up relationship is then she's now apart of it" she turns around leaving me standing there.

God she losses me off but fuck I want to be with her so bad. She makes me feel normal and calm. She just makes me feel and I haven't done that in a long time.

I walk out of the roo
And see them across the hall I. The roo
I woke up in last night before I came to sleep with Caline.

"You mean it I can paint it what ever color I want" the little girl says with a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Can I paint it blue like his eyes" she says pointing to me. Both Cas and Caline laugh and I roll my eyes walking further into the room.

I look at the walls and remember when I was a kid I liked to draw "We can paint one of the walls with blackboard paint" I say still looking g at the wall.

"Are you sure" Caline says wrapping her arms around my waist. I k ow what she means and for her I'll try.