pilot part 2

✞✞✞✞✞

opening the impala's trunk, then the spare-tire compartment, dean propped up a semi rusted shotgun as a pole, keeping the arsenal from closing. weapons ranging from daggers to spears, machetes, bullets, knives, gasoline, wooden crosses, small boxes with who knows what in them, and finally, guns. a whole lot of guns.

"all right, let's see, where the hell did I put that thing?" whilst his brother dug through the clutter, sam's eyes wandered over all the basic and unique killing items. catching his eye was one specific weapon.

one of the 19th century turkish tray of jewelled daggers lay in its sheathe in the corner of the trunk. standing out from the usual black, grey and brown colours found throughout, the gem studded flowery pattern laced it's cover, with a shiny pearl hilt.

the beauty however didn't mask the blood that once dripped from the blade's tip. nothing changes the fact that the knife had sliced through many layers of skin. it didn't hide the lives taken from the user's skill. this was no ordinary dagger, it was blake's.

"sam?" snapping out of his gaze, sam tilted his head away from his sister's blood lust dagger and stared back into his brother's concerned eyes.

"you with me sammy?" despite losing his focus, he was pulled when hearing his brother's sentence, more specifically, one word. the nickname. sammy was a young innocent boy who couldn't even stand up to his dad. he died back when sam left. sammy was no more. annoyed, he ignored dean's question but was still curious as to why he was needed.

"so when dad left, why didn't you go with him?" sighing, dean quickly countered back.

"I was working my own gig. this, uh, voodoo thing, down in new orleans."

"and blay? what, she just left and you got no clue where she is?"

dean was now the one beginning to get frustrated. why couldn't his brother just understand that he still didn't have the answers. sam knew how much not knowing didn't sit well with dean. not having the answer to a problem he should be able to solve.

ever since finding out about his sister and father's disappearance, he couldn't help but wonder why his dad took blake and not him. he's never been jealous of his sister, but was confused due to the fact that the two winchesters (john and blake) just never got along. their dad always put so much pressure on her, all the time.

sure, the whole monsters hunting you and life and death being left in their hands could get you kinda tense and protective, but there was a difference.

john wasn't overprotective of blake, he was harsh. brutally harsh. so why take her and not dean.

"you reckon if I knew why he took her, I'd still be scrounging round beggin you to help?" no response was returned from sam.

"exactly."

"so, dad let you go on a hunting trip by yourself?" dean's eyebrows rose before he shook his head lightly, returning to the weapon search.

"I'm twenty-six, dude." pulling out some papers, he moved from looking through the trunk.

"all right, here we go. so dad was checking out this two-lane blacktop just outside of jericho california with blake." sam nodded his head in understanding.

"about a month ago, this guy." handing one of the papers over to his brother, dean continued.

"they found his car, but he vanished. completely vanished. that's a printout from an article from the jericho herald, headlined 'centennial highway disappearance.' original much? yeah I know, anyways, it was dated in september 19th-"