Chapter 9 -

Lucy pov -
It had been a few days since the fight say things were tense at home, would be an understatement. Dad had grounded Bella and Bella of course didn't think she had done anything wrong. Anyway, today was graduation. Jeez, I can't believe I am graduating today. When I woke up, dad came into my room with a drink and paper bag.
"I got you breakfast, god I can't believe my baby is graduating," dad tells me hugging me.
"Thank you for the breakfast dad, and don't worry I'll always be your baby and I'll always need my dad," I assured him, after a few moments of talking, dad leaves me to get ready for today. Jasper would be meeting me at school because dad was driving me there today.
When I'd finished my food, I started to get ready. Luckily, I didn't have to worry about my outfit for the party tonight because Alice had my dress and shoes for me. I would head over to their house after spending some time with dad and get ready there.
But for graduation I decided on something white, mainly because the cap and gown were a horrible yellow.

Throwing on some white heels and making sure my hair and makeup are good, I made my way downstairs

"Wow, Lucy you look beautiful," dad compliments me. I thank him and ask him where Bella is. "She said she is making her own way to the school," he says, with that, we made our way to his cruiser. Dad had even put a clean blanket on my seat, so my dress wouldn't get dirty. We spent the journey reminiscing about fond memories. When dad pulled into the school's parking lot, dad got out first and opened my door and helped me out. I thanked dad and proceeded to put my cap and gown on. As soon as I was completely decked out for graduation, I saw dad tearing up and take some photos. After one photoshoot later, we start walking into the school.
Very quickly we are joined by the Cullens, Jasper takes a hold of my hand and twirls me.
"You look gorgeous," Jasper tells me, I thank him and tell him how handsome he looks. At this point, dad and Esme are standing there with their cameras. I see Carlisle standing behind Esme smiling in amusement, after another photoshoot, (this one was much longer) the doors leading to the parking lot from the gym slammed open. All heads turn, and see Bella. Not only is she wearing dreadful clothing, her hair is a rats nest (my guess she tried to curl her hair and it didn't work,) and she was wearing makeup that didn't suit her. She 'strutted' in as if she was some Victoria Secret model. People around us were either sniggering, looking at her with disgust or shock, and mine and dads case, embarrassment. When she finally made her way over to where we are standing, she stands in front of Edward demanding they take a picture together. When he refused, I could see Bella's eye to twitch, as if she was trying not to explode with anger. I look to dad and give him a look of desperation. Just as he is about the drag her away, it was announced for everyone to take a seat as the ceremony would begin soon.
I was sat next to Jasper and the ceremony started.

Jess was announced as valedictorian and walked up on stage to give her speech.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up...  Our answers were things like astronauts, president... Or in my case, princess." We all laughed at that. Me? I wanted to be a mermaid.
"When we were ten, they asked again, and we answered - rockstar, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist." Me? I wanted to be a zoo keeper.
"But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well how about this: who the hell knows?!" At this people begin to cheer. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love - a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent... So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know." When Jess finished her speech, the gym erupted in cheers and one by one, we were given our diplomas.
When it was my turn, I saw my dad beaming with pride and the Cullens were also looking at me with pride, especially Jasper. After a long ceremony, we all threw our caps in the air.

Dad came rushing up to me, hugging me with everything in him. I decided to call mom, and left dad so he could see Bella. While on the phone to mom, Jasper came up to me hugging me kissing my head. He waited until I was done, and when I was, he picked my up bridal style and spun me around.
"I am so proud of you darlin," he said. Kissing him, we were soon joined by the rest of the Cullens and dad. I was having dinner with dad before Jasper would pick me up and take me to his house. So I said a quick goodbye to everyone and got back into dad's cruiser.
"Is Bella not joining us?" I questioned.
Dad sighed, but I could see the sadness filling his eyes.
"No, she said she had more important things to do," with this I was furious. She didn't even have the decency to spend a little time with him.
When we arrived at the diner, Cora greeted us and gave me a huge hug. She told me that desert was on her.
Me and dad had such a good time, and he told me he was going over to Billy's house tonight. I was happy about this because I didn't want him to be alone.
When we arrived back at home, Jasper was on his way. So I spent a little more time with dad, and when Jasper was here, he would make his way over to Billy's.
10 minutes later, Jasper pulled in and me and dad went our separate ways for the night.
Hopefully nothing will happen at this party...