Chapter 1 -

Lucy POV -

As soon as I woke up I felt anxiety about today. Dad would be finding out about vampires. Jasper took notice of my anxiety and instead of saying anything, he hugged me, sending me calming vibes. I sigh in comfort and we spend a few minutes in silence. 

"Has Alice seen how today will go?" I asked him starting to get up. 

"She said that as far as she has seen, it will be fine," Jasper replies. That does put me at some ease, but not entirely because I know that her visions can change depending on decisions. Jasper tells me he will meet me and my dad at his place later today and leaves to go hunting. 

I head downstairs and see my dad in normal clothes drinking his coffee. 

"Wow, I almost forgot that you owned normal clothing," I joked. 

"Yeah, they were collecting cobwebs," dad replies laughing. 

We laugh and dad asks me when we are leaving, I tell him around noon. I go back to my room to get ready. As I am doing my hair and make-up, my phone goes off. Looking at it, I see it is a text from Alice. 

         "Don't worry about today, everything will be fine in the end," 

Well, that is cryptic. I finish getting ready and see it's time for us to leave. Heading downstairs, I walk past Bella's room and notice she has been very quiet lately, this can only mean she is planning something, but I can't worry about that now. 

When I arrived downstairs I am greeted by my dad waiting for me. 

"Let's go," I tell my dad grabbing my car keys. 

"So want to give me a clue as to why we are driving to the Cullen's?" Dad asks me. 

"Let's just say it is a continuation of the other night at the bonfire," I say not wanting to say anything else.

AT CULLEN HOUSE -

When we pulled up to their house, I let out a breath of air and led my dad up to the front door. When I knocked, Esme opened the door and invited us in. When we walked into the living room, Jasper greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and gave my dad a hug. We all sat down and sat in silence until dad spoke up. 

"I've had a really weird few days, so could someone please tell me why I am here?"

I let out a breath of nervousness and proceed to tell him. 

"You know how Billy told you about the legends and the pack?" I asked him, to which he nodded in response, "Well, you see, shapeshifters aren't the only supernatural creatures out there. Vampires are real too." 

Dad doesn't say anything, he just stares at me in shock. I wait for him to speak, or even blink at this point. But it stays silent. I nudge dad and he comes out of his shock. 

"Dad, are you okay?" I ask him. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," he replies in a shakey tone. 

I look at Carlisle to help me out. 

"Charlie, the reason why we wanted you to know, is because we are Vampires. I promise you we are no danger to you or Lucy," Carlisle went on to explain about vampires and why he was allowed to know. The whole time dad stayed silent. 

Finally, dad speaks, "This is a lot to take in. I need time to take this in. As long as you do not pose a threat, your secret is safe with me." 

Dad then gets up and tells me he will meet me at home. I give him my car keys and tell him that Jasper can drive me home. Dad nods, kisses my head, and heads home. 

"Well, that went well," Emmett comments. This causes Rosalie to smack the back of his head. 

"Ouch, that hurt," We all giggle at that. I decide to stay at the Cullen house for a little while so I could allow dad to take in all the information that had been given to him lately. 

SOMETIME LATER - 

Me and Jasper are now on our way back. 

"Everything will be fine darlin," Jasper reassures me. We spend the rest of the ride in comfortable silence. When we pull up to my house, I took a deep breath and walk into the house with Jasper. Everything is silent until I walk into the living room. I see dad on the couch looking at the off TV. 

"Hi dad," I say trying not to startle me. Dad turns around and when he sees me he gets up and gives me a hug. 

"What's this for?" I ask him

"I spoke to Billy and he explained a few more things to me. He told me about the bond you and Jasper have. How it is similar to imprints. I am so happy that you have Jasper," Dad tells me. This definitely calms me down. I look at Jasper and he has this small smile on his face. When dad finally let go of me he made his way over to Jasper.

"You may be a vampire, but if you hurt Lucy in any way, I will find a way to kill you. Understand?" Dad says with a serious look on his face. 

"I promise you I will never hurt Lucy, I love her so much," Jasper says sincerely. 

They stare at each other for a moment before dad also pulls Jasper into a hug. 

"I don't have to decide about becoming a vampire now do I?" Dad asks. 

We all sit on the sofa and talk. 

"No, the Volturi have said that as long as you don't spill our secret, you do not even have to become one of us," Jasper explains. 

"Okay, that's good." 

In reality, I didn't know if dad would like to be a vampire. If he could handle being one. What I did know? I knew that a huge weight had been lifted since dad had found everything out. I no longer had to lie to him, and he knew the truth about everything including Bella...