Chapter 14 -

Lucy POV - 

The weekend finally came and I woke up excited and nervous for the day to come. I mean watching vampires play baseball in a storm, is something I never thought I'd say, but here we are. I'm nervous because of my sister. She seems to be a magnet for trouble, and with her holier than thou attitude lately, I don't want her to ruin anything. Pushing those thoughts away, I get up and begin to get ready. I take my time knowing Jasper won't be here until noon. 

Jasper had already given me a jersey with his name on it to wear, so I decided on a simple outfit and threw my hair up into a ponytail. 

I pack my backpack with my essentials and make my way downstairs

I pack my backpack with my essentials and make my way downstairs. I see dad cleaning his guns and watching tv. 

"Hi Dad," I say quietly not wanting to startle him. He looks up at me and smiles. 

"Hi, Lucy, what time is Jasper picking you up?" 

"In like an hour," I sit next to him helping him out for almost an hour. Jasper had texted me saying he was on his way and to beware, Edward was in the Jeep coming at the same time as him. I sigh and wait for him to arrive. 

We both look at the stairs when we hear Bella walking down. She makes a beeline to the kitchen and grabs dad a new beer. Oh god, she's going to break the news that Edward wants to meet him. I have to hold in my laugh. 

"Got you a new one," Bella says. Dad says thanks and as he is taking a sip, she drops the bomb. 

"Edward is picking me up in a sec, he wants to officially meet you," 

Dad chokes on his drink and when he calms down he says back to her, "So you and he are serious?"

"Yes, why wouldn't we be?" She says almost disgusted with what he said. Dad has a look of disbelief on his face that she would even say that. 

"Look he wants to meet you, he is right outside," she says, "For the love of God, be nice, he is the most important person in my life." I saw how that sentence alone almost broke my dad. As Bella goes to the front door, I hug dad and let him know that he is the most important man in my life and nothing could change that. 

As I am comforting dad, Edward and Bella come in, with Jasper trailing behind. As soon as he sees me and dad he makes his way over to greet dad and hug me. I smile knowing that dad likes Jasper. As they are talking, Bella obnoxiously clears her throat. 

"This is Edward," Bella almost announces. 

"Hello Chief Swan, I'm taking Bella to play baseball with my family today." I can't help but cringe and want to laugh because Eddie looks so stiff and he didn't even ask if it was okay for him to take Bella out. But before I can cringe more, Jasper lets dad know that me and he would be leaving now. He gives me a hug and tells me to let him know who wins. I laugh and nod.