Chapter 8 -

Lucy POV - 

After the whole situation with Bella, I have been staying with Sam and Emily. Dad had been in contact with my mom, but they had no idea what to do with Bella. They couldn't force her into therapy because she is now an adult, dad didn't want to kick out his own daughter, and mom didn't particularly want her if she was like this. So I decided to stay at Sam's until dad could figure out what to do. 

Now onto the pack. Ever since Jacob had shifted, things had been different. Despite Jacob being the rightful alpha, he didn't want the title, at least not yet. Things had also been tense. With Jacob finding out what Bella was really like, to finding out what Jasper was. He didn't like it one bit but remained civil for my sake. Victoria was still out there and the pack was worrying about it. 

Dad had been keeping me informed on Bella. Apparently, she went back to screaming in the night and was obsessively calling Jacob. She had hit rock bottom again. Jacob had stated that he wanted nothing to do with Bella and had told Billy to tell my dad. Nothing seemed to be getting through to her. 

She had gone as far as to go to Billy's to see Jacob, which is when she saw him, with a new haircut, no shirt, and a tattoo. This fueled her even more

AT SAM AND EMILY'S - 

"Where's Jacob?" I asked the boys.

"Probably still sleeping," Paul replied. It was decided that they'd go and get him. I joined them wanting to stretch my legs. When we arrive, we are laughing and playfully pushing each other around, when we hear Bella. I squint and see her push Billy out the way. I rush to him and see if he is okay. 

"I'm fine Lucy," Billy tells me with a small smile on his face. Bella storms out of Jacob's room and when she sees me, her face goes red with anger. Before I can say anything, she grabs my wrist in a tight grip and drags me out. I try my hardest to get out of her grip but it just tightens when she sees Sam and the boys. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO? HUH?" She screams pushing Sam with one hand. 

"What did Jacob tell you?" Paul asks aggressively. 

"NOTHING BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN KEEPING MY JACOB AWAY FROM ME," at this point, my wrist is hurting so bad, but I can't get her grip loosened. 

"Bella, they did nothing, and it would be nothing to do with you," I snap at her. Bella retaliates by slapping me and pushing me so hard that I land funny on my wrist, not to mention the rock I landed on, which cut up my back. I cry out in pain, and this sets Paul off. He begins shaking in anger, nothing could calm him down. 

"LUCY!" I hear from behind me, only to see Jacob shifting mid-air. Paul and Jacob begin fighting. Embry and Jared help me up gently and look over at Bella in disgust. 

"Take them back to Emily, get her to check on Lucy," Sam orders the two boys. They guide me into Bella's death trap of a truck and after a minute, Bella joins us in shock. Of course not once did she ask me how I was, or to say sorry. 

When we arrive at Emily's, getting out of the truck was putting more strain on my back, so I had to get out slowly. 

"Maybe we should check on Jacob," Bella asks. The boys once again look at her in disgust. 

"Wow, your sister is the one who is injured, by you again by the way, and you're only concerned about Jacob. Sister of the year goes to you," Jared says. With this, I am led into the house where as soon as Emily sees me, she goes into nurse mode. 

While she is checking me over and cleaning my back, she tells the boys that there are muffins in the kitchen. This is when she noticed Bella. Now Emily is the nicest person I know, she likes everyone, but Bella? She hates her. Without much of a word, Emily turns back to me and asks me what happened. I tell her and her face hardens. 

"Well luckily you don't need any stitches, but your wrist seems to be either highly bruised or fractured, so you need to go the hospital," Emily tells me. I sigh but tell her I'd go later. 

"So werewolves?" Bella questions.

"Well we're called shifters, but you couldn't keep your nose out of it," Jared says back. 

"Why does Lucy know then? You do know that she is dating a vampire," she says as if she is trying to stir the pot. 

"Yes actually, and we've met him plenty of times, and Lucy knows because she is the mate of Jasper," Jared tells her. I had asked Emily to text Jasper about what had happened since I only had one working hand at the moment. I knew this would anger him beyond belief, but he needed to know. I also got her to text my dad, obviously leaving out the shifting part. 

"I'm Edward's mate, so I had the right to know," Bella says in a snooty tone. Before anyone can argue back with her, Sam, Paul, Jacob, and Jasper? all come into the house. Jasper rushes over to me and when he sees my injuries, I know he is wanting to let the major out. The rest of the boys come over and Emily tells them about my injuries. 

Jasper turns to Bella, who at this point, had paled even more than I thought possible. "You are not the mate of Edward, you were only a blood-singer. So get it out of your head that you and Edward are mates. If I ever find out that you harmed Lucy again, I won't hold the Major back," he threatens her. 

She looks terrified, and when she looked over to Jacob for him to defend her, he looks the other way. Not wanting to keep me around her anymore, Jasper tells me he is taking me to the hospital to get my wrist checked out. On the way there, he carefully texted my dad to meet us here. 

When dad sees me and my bruised wrist and reddened face, he had tears in his eyes. Both men guide me into the hospital, I go straight into an x-ray (perks of being the sheriff's daughter.) While we are waiting for the doctor to come back with the results, a nurse cleans my back and puts cream on my cheek to prevent bruising/swelling. 

Eventually, the doctor comes in and informs us that I have a severely fractured and bruised wrist. The recovery plan was that I'd wear a splint for two weeks, then I'd get a cast put on for 8 weeks. 

After all that, dad and Jasper decide it's best for me to stay with Jasper. I had phoned the pack to let them know and they said they'd drop off my stuff at Jaspers. I was in shock. This is the second time my own twin sister has hurt me. It made me wonder how far she would go. 

A/N Let me know how you want Bella and Edward's relationship to go. What should Lucy's gift be when she is turned and should Charlie turn, who would be his mate?