𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

We made our way back to the truck. It remained in the exact state and place when we crashed. We hopped into Kie's truck, getting ready to leave, but by our unfortunate luck, just as pope backed the truck up to leave, Deputy Shoupe had arrived.

The Deputy flashed his flashlight through our open windows—not to inspect us for injuries but to search for someone in specific. His flashlight finally landed on Kie's face, causing her to squint and shield her eyes from the bright light being aimed directly into her eyes. Shoupe instructed Kie to exit the vehicle and was then escorted back home per her parents' request.

The truck was confiscated from us and taken away by a tow truck, leaving the rest of us to journey back to the château on foot to retrieve John B's van.

As soon as we retrieved the van, John B made his way to the Cameron residence, speeding with urgency. Once John B slowed the van to a halt, we all hopped out and approached the wall that separated the gravel road from the Cameron residence.

"He's got the truck." JJ pointed out Rafe Cameron himself exiting said truck that sat in the driveway of the residence.

"Stay low, stay low, stay low." John B shushed us upon seeing Rafe turning his head to look back in our direction, causing all of us to immediately crouch down behind the wall.

Rafe turned back around and headed into his home. "How much do you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope bitterly questioned us, glaring daggers into Rafe's back.

"There's only one way to find out." Sarah stated before walking off to make her way around the wall with such determination.

"Hey, hey. Wait!" John B called out to the blonde, following in pursuit of her.

Sarah and John b conversed for a short period of time before the blonde abruptly pulled the brunette in for a kiss. It was safe to assume that the couple had finally made up when Sarah had once again accepted the piece of bandanna that had served as an engagement ring for the couple before running off towards the truck.

"Hey! Do you want me to perform your vows while you're at it?" Pope sarcastically questioned John B as he approached us with a heart warming smile.

"Did you say, "be safe"? JJ mocked his friend's choice of words.

"That's actually really sweet. He's concerned for her well-being. It shows that he cares." I came to John B's defense.

"See! Thank you, Y/N." John B thanked me for coming to his defense. "Take some notes, JJ." John B remarked with a defensive tone, causing me to snicker.

"Who's always coming to me for advice on their girlfriend?" JJ questioned John B in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh, yeah? Who's the one that—" John B began.

"Boys!" I shouted at them to quit their bickering. "We have more pressing matters at hand." I motioned towards Sarah.

"What's she doing?" Pope questioned us in confusion upon seeing Sarah scanning the exterior of the truck and not the interior of it.

Sarah turned around to look back at us and she threw her arms up in confusion. "I don't know what to do. I need the keys!" Sarah barley exclaimed above a whisper.

"Come back!" We waved her over.

"I'm going inside! I'll be fine." Sarah motioned towards her home, which we immediately verbally opposed to, but she was already gone.

"You said don't go in the house!" JJ scolded John B.

"I told her!" John B defensively exclaimed.

"Do the birdcall!" Pope suggested the most absurd idea that I had ever heard in my entire life.