𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞

After last night, we mutually agreed to spend the night at the château. John B resided in his bedroom, Kie and Pope took the sofas out on the front porch, and JJ and I took the pull-out bed that was located in the living room.

The clock on the wall distinctly read 7:00 a.m. when I looked over to my left to see JJ's arm draped over my waist whilst his face rested against my shoulder. 

'What a sight to be greeted with this early in the morning.' I thought to myself with a smile of admiration on my lips.

If it weren't for my brain that was wreaking havoc and disturbing my sleep, I wouldn't normally be up this early—I'd be sleeping in just like my friends. I was busy thinking about how crazy life is right now. What, with the whole Limbrey situation, JJ and I breaking up and getting back together and making up, and then my mom? No wonder why I haven't been getting much sleep lately.

"Hey, are you okay?" JJ groggily questioned me with a hoarse tone as he silently yawned beside me.

Without so much as a second thought, I stared up at the ceiling before answering with, "My mom's back."

JJ sat up in the sofa-bed and stared at me in a stunned manner, eyes opened wide this time. "What? Since when?!" JJ exclaimed in a whisper, being mindful of the sleeping souls around us.

"About three weeks ago—almost four." I looked at him this time.

"That's almost a whole month. Why didn't you tell me?" JJ questioned me.

"Because she came back the night we broke up." I informed him, feeling slightly bitter.

"Oh....How are you feeling though? Did she say why she was back?" JJ curiously questioned me with such concern.

"She said she wants to rekindle out relationship. Go back to the way things were before she left. She want to supposedly come back home." I simplified her reasoning.

"That's bullshit! How can she act as if her absence didn't affect you? Don't get me started on the stupid note she left you." JJ defensively stated, just as irritated as me.

"Exactly! And she wants to talk. Like, what else does she have to say to me that I don't already know?" I stated with a scoff in annoyance.

"Wait, what does your father have to say about this?" JJ questioned me.

"As expected, he accepted her with open arms. He said that if I didn't want to accept her too, then I might as well move out of the house. He treated me like I was the invader." I informed him, still resenting my father's choice in words.

"Then do it—Move out—You don't owe them anything. You don't deserve to live in such a hostile environment." JJ encouraged me.

"It's not that simple, and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have a place to stay at." I factually stated.

"Then move in with me." JJ didn't hesitate to suggest.

"What?" I questioned his irrational suggestion.

"You heard me. Move in with me. I know we just got back on good terms, but you're my girlfriend and I wanna help you." JJ sternly stated.

"But JJ, your dad is there." I factually stated.

"Not always. He's gone most of the time and when he is home, he's either passed out drunk in his room or the living room." JJ attempted to reason with me.

"I don't know, JJ." I hesitantly stated.

"You don't have to give me a response right now." JJ placed his hands over mines. "Just think about it, yeah?" JJ questioned me, giving my hands a light and comforting squeeze.