𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"How are you doing?" JJ questioned me, concern lacing his tone and facial expressions.

"Not so good. I hate that the cops don't believe us." I stated, clearly frustrated as I took a seat on JJ's bed.

"Yeah, as am I. Unfortunately the police only see us as teenage delinquents, but we'll persuade them." JJ confidently stated.

"How?! We have no evidence. Not to mention the fact that the evidence we did have was ruined." I evidently stated, referring to Pope's camera.

"Not quite." I raised my eyebrows at JJ in confusion. "Look, we know that the gun Rafe used to kill Peterkin went down the sewer drain, right?" JJ questioned me, causing me to nod my head in understanding and for him to proceed with his statement.

"That means Ward doesn't have it. As long as he doesn't have it then we're good. We can search for it tomorrow. If we find it, then we have evidence against him again." JJ stated.

"JJ, you're a genius!" I exclaimed the compliment.

"Say that again." JJ encouraged me with such cockiness in his tone as he stood in the doorway of his bathroom with a smirk on his lips while he cupped his hand behind his ear as to signal me to speak up.

"No, now I wanna take it back." I shook my head, regretting the fact that my simple compliment fed JJ's ego.

"You can't. It's already been said." My boyfriend stated with a shoulder shrug.

"You cocky bastard." I mumbled under my breathe, but he heard, which just caused his smirk to grow.

"Oh, come on. I know you're louder than that—first hand experience and all." JJ teased me, referring to our sexual encounters, causing me to roll my eyes at him in silence, 'cause frankly, I had nothing to say.

"God, Y/N you're freezing." JJ evidently stated, changing the subject, seeing as I was shivering under my faintly dry sweater.

"I know. Your open window doesn't help." I sarcastically informed him.

"I know what'll help keep you warm." JJ stated in a suggestive tone as he leaned off of the door frame and began to approach me.

I looked up at JJ when he came to a halt before me, before saying, "Really? And what would that be?"

JJ looked down at me and placed his hand on my cheek, slightly tucking it under my hair as he caressed my face with such delicacy.

"How about that shower you promised me?" JJ mischievously suggested.

"Only 'cause you begged so nicely." I stated with a smirk as I looked up at him.

"If there's one thing we both know...it's that I'm not the begger in this relationship." JJ stated with such cockiness in his tone.

"Mm...so what do you call that thing you did earlier then?" I questioned him.

"Who was on their knees earlier? Is that not what a begger does?" JJ questioned me, smirking down at me as he slid his thumb across my bottom lip, slightly pulling down on it.

"Touché Maybank. Touché." I stated, defeated.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" JJ questioned me with raised eyebrows.

𝐒𝐌𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

After his statement, things escalated in a matter of seconds, and I found myself being backed up against the bathroom wall with JJ right in front of me, passionately making out.

I parted my lips when JJ's tongue began pressing itself against my lips, asking for entrance, which, I granted. Our tongues slid against one another's at a messy and rapid velocity, fighting for dominance.