𝐓𝐄𝐍

"Well, that was fun." JJ sarcastically stated as he used the backside of his hand to wipe at his sweaty forehead, before tossing a black trash bag onto the ground.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain." Pope stated, referring to the gun.

"It's in...it's in the drain." JJ repeated, unenthusiastic about the aventure that lay ahead for the group.

"Damn it!" Pope exasperated.

"Of course it is." Kie sarcastically stated, dreading the idea of having to crawl through the sewer drain.

The group and I were currently digging around the sewer drain that lead out into the marsh, in search of the gun that Ward lost last night.

"How could this day get any better?" I sarcastically questioned no one in particular with a puff of oxygen.

"I could think of a few ways to make this day better." JJ stated in a suggestive tone.

"Oh, shut up and get that sewer open blondie." I directed my boyfriend with an eye roll, as I lightly swatted at his shoulder.

'Boys and their need to think with their "heads".'

"Good thing I brought the crow." JJ informed the group as he reached into his backpack, for said crow.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kie questioned us in terms of the method we'd use to decide which individual would be the unfortunate one to crawl through the sewer.

"No." JJ declined her suggestion.

"Or alphabetically?" Kie suggested.

"We could always volunteer." I suggested, causing JJ to halt his actions of prying the sewer door open and immediately turning around to look back at me as if I were a lunatic for even suggesting that.

"Hell no! No volunteering, especially from you." JJ sternly exclaimed.

"What?! It was only a suggestion." I defensively stated.

"Whatever...On three, Pope. One, two, three." With a grunt, JJ and Pope began to use the crow bar to remove the rusty fence-like entrance of the sewer.

"Or, like, the oldest goes?" Kie suggested once more.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker. So, uh...that would be a hard pass for me." JJ began to reason with us, clearly making an absurd excuse instead of being upfront about being terrified.

"Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me." Pope agreed with JJ.

"P-p-p-pussys." I taunted the boys with a sly smile.

"No, I get it. I get it. You guys are scared." Kie continued to taunt the boys with a chuckle of disbelief.

"I'm not scared." JJ defensively stated.

"Right, 'cause of the whole worm thing right?" I questioned my boyfriend with a head nod.

"Now, if I went down there and I got the worm then who'd benefit from that?" JJ sarcastically questioned me, referring to our sexual encounters.

'I can't with this boy. It's like all he ever thinks about is sex. It's a characteristic at this point.'

The whole group began to bicker back and forth about the whole worm and sewer situation, before Kie halted it.

"You should've just led with that. You don't have to be scared. I'll do it." Kie volunteered herself as she walked over to the sewer drain.

"I'd offer to go with you, but my body guard over there won't allow it, and I also don't wanna smell like a sewer." I stated with an eye roll, causing Kie to laugh.