Chapter 36: Follow The Buzzards

After Diana's accident and everything that happened, the doctors informed Betty and Kenta that she suffered a spinal cord injury, this would in fact cause sadness with Diana's family and even Drake.

Daikon would even hurt the man who hit Diana but the specifics don't need to be said. But now Diana was allowed to go home.

*Time Skip*

Drake is seen sitting on the couch at Diakon's as he is watching tv. He was watching the replay of smackdown live and actually enjoyed watching the main event.

Just then yelling is heard as Daikon comes storming down the stairs.

Drake pauses the tv as he turns to look at him.

Drake: You alright?

Daikon: No. Betty is being stubborn about Diana.

Drake: Why? What happened?

Daikon: I wanna get Diana out of the house for a bit, you know boost her spirits, but Betty is being stubborn about it.

Drake: She's in a wheelchair man, look at it from Betty's perspective.

Daikon sighs as he goes and sits down next to Drake as he grabs the remote and unpauses the tv.

Drake: She's gonna walk be able to walk again, Daikon.

Daikon: You don't know that.

Drake: She's strong, she'll get there. She just needs rehab.

Daikon: She shouldn't need rehab. This shouldn't have happened, I shoulda been there.

Drake: There's nothing that you could've done.

Daikon: I could've... I just....

Daikon stands up as he goes over to the door as he grabs his jacket and starts to put it on.

Then Betty and Kenta come walking down the stairs.

Betty: Where are you going?

Daikon: Out.

Betty: You're just gonna leave?

Daikon: Yeah I am.

Kenta: Daikon, don't go.

Daikon: I can't do this right now.

Betty *Looks at Drake* Would you please talk to him? Tell him how stubborn he's being.

Kenta: Betty, stop.

Betty: No, Kenta. He think's everything revolves around him.

Daikon scoffs as he finishes putting his jacket on.

Daikon: I don't need this, especially from the likes of you.

Betty: Oh yeah. Run away, leave your brother just like you always have.

Kenta: Betty, stop.

Daikon scoffs again as he opens the door and leaves the house slamming the door behind him.

Betty: God, your brother is something else.

Betty storms up the stairs as a door is heard slamming behind her.

Drake: Wow.

Kenta sighs as he walks down the stairs and goes and sits down in the chair.

Kenta: I don't know what to do, man. It's like my family is being torn apart.

Drake: It wasn't your fault, Kenta.

Kenta: Don't say that man. Please, I was with Diana. I wasn't paying attention and now because of me she's probably gonna be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.