Epilogue

Alessandro's POV

I don't know if I was born different, but ever since I witnessed how he killed my loving dog, Boxer, I have this feeling that one of these days, he will pay for what he did to him. My father was also cruel and desperate to change things how I believed them.

I knew at an early age I wasn't normal. This family was not normal at all.

Uncle Estefan was like a father to me. I looked at him more dignified than my father. At least there's someone that is unlike us.

But as a child, a lot was happening inside my mind, and I finally managed to answer my question. I know that my father needs to protect us, Edward, his position, and everything he has.

I had a few assistants, and I had no problems with them. I only needed them for a short time, but Sylvi was different.

She had this type of behaviour which attracted people like me, like Edward. I should not have hired her, but knowing that she's Estefan's niece, I thought that would make a different approach. But then, I was wrong again.

I watch her every day from afar without her knowing it. She's somehow attractive, but her curiosity will lead to trouble one day. And as suspected, it did.

Mabait naman siya. Masunurin din sa lahat ng pinapagawa ko. Pero iba siya pagdating at kahit papano ay nababasa ko ang nasa utak niya.

She's good at work, and I find her cute whenever she plays around the garden and walks around the place.

"Sylvi. . . That's a unique name."

Edward smiled while looking at her, picking grapes in the winery area.

"When did she start?" He asked and couldn't take his eyes away from her.

"Two months ago."

"Two months. . . Really?" he chuckles and looks at me. "That's new. Most people that work on you lasted only three to four weeks."

Pilyo ang ginawang pag-ngiti niya at napatiim-bagang na ako.

"Is she somehow special?"

Umayos siya nang tayo at seryoso akong tinitigan.

"She's beyond what you think, Edward. That's Estefan's niece."

"Oh? I see. . . That explains why I have this feeling toward her." He shook his head and looked at her again.

"I want to know her. She's interesting." He stated and walked away from me.

My jaw clenched and face down, I shook my head. I don't think that will be fun because things will turn ugly.

Instead of doing the right things, I tend to forget my worries and continue my work. I noticed her every day, even if I wasn't around. I always have my eyes on her in everything that she does.

And as expected, Edward will do things that interest him. He's the complete opposite of me, who loves attention from everyone. He's the exact version of my father, and I cannot trust him still because he's worst than that.

"I have put your name in the will of testament, Alessandro. You will inherit most shares and lead the company as their CEO." My father stated.

I couldn't smile or give the proper expression towards him. I don't know how to repay him for this. I'm sure Edward will never like this because he's the person who is always behind my father in his business.

"What about Edward? I thought it would be him?"

He took a deep breath and faced me.

"He's not mentally capable, Alessandro. You know that."

My jaw clenched as I watched him.

"Until when are you treating him like this, Papa? You don't know what's Edward's thinking. You can't toy him around, Papa."

"I know, Alessandro. But this is the best I can give you. I know, unlike your brother, you have set your mind to something, and that's a positive thing for the company. Don't worry. I will manage your brother." He said and patted my shoulder. And then he left. I am left feeling uneasy about everything.

This family has too many secrets, and keeping them safe for our name was a hell's misery for me. I don't wish to pass this for the next generation and want to end everything at my age.

I am famous because of who my parents are. Everyone knows us because of Papa's political side to the Queen. The people adore us for our deeds and the work we contribute to society. If only I had been given a choice, I would never wish to be born into this family, but I wasn't. You cannot simply choose your parents.

When my mother died, I promised her everything and will take that to the grave. I have set aside my heart twice and will never fall in love again. . . Sylvi gave me a spark when I first focused on her, but I managed to stop. Because I don't want her in my world, she will never like it.

I put my feelings into writing which gives me life. And now that Sylvi was suspicious of the happy prince, I needed to put a stop.

I like her, and Edward was acting suspiciously toward her. I have seen him and witnessed the way how he stares at Sylvi. I know what he plans to do, and I should send Sylvi back to how her life was as soon as possible.

I don't want her in my world. Uncle Estefan was enough. I believe he wants Sylvi to be out of this.

She may have her suspicion toward me, and that's okay. . . It's better for her to hate me, be scared of me, and think of me as a psychopath killer like the happy prince from the diary she discovered.

I trust her and know she's clever about everything she witnessed.

I want the happy prince's story reminds him of how happy he truly is. A hero who protects and helps the poor. A person who's an infectious smile with a heart of gold for poor people.

.

C.M. LOUDEN

 LOUDEN