Chapter 18

Maddie:

A Week Later
These past weeks since she got kidnapped by her ex, Maddie tried to get away from him. She feels relieve that he never touched her, what she feels more reliefs is that her baby is still with her.
I promise you that mommy will do everything in her power to get us out so we could go back to your father and brother that are waiting for us. Maddie thought to herself, while she was rubbing her still flat belly.
When she woke up this morning, Maddie knew that her hands and feet were free from the rope. As she tried to open her room's door, he locked it from the outside. It frustrated her to be locked for an entire week in this room, but at least he didn't touch her.

Maddie went to the window to look outside. The street felt empty from people. It felt like these people were afraid to come out of their house. Could it be that John had bought this street? Maddie shook her head at these hilarious thoughts. She knows it is imposable but knowing John like she knew, everything is possible with his money.

The front door of her room opened and John came inside. "you better behave, little dove. I'm going to go buy some groceries so you could cook us some dinner." Maddie watched as he approached her to give her a kiss, but she moved her face to the left and it came as he kisses her cheek. He grabbed her face and turned it to face him and forced a kiss on her lips. Maddie bitten his lower lip with force, and he released her to slap her again.
"You bitch, but no worry. You'll pay for that." John had left her room, and she hugged herself with a fear that he'll complete his threat. She watched as he left the house and disappeared from her sight. Maddie went to her front door with a hope that he left it open, but what a disappointment when the door didn't open. Maddie went back to the window to look if there was someone outside to help her. Her luck is bad. There isn't a soul outside. She needs to find a way for James and the police know where she is currently to save her.
Where are you, my love? Please find me and save me. I miss you so much. Maddie thought to herself, while tears run down her face.

James:

It has been a week since James watched Maddie get kidnapped by John and having almost no hope of finding her.
"Don't lose hope, young man. We'll find your girlfriend no matter what." James heard detective Howard as he was standing next to him. His comrades were searching everywhere, hoping to find her. Unfortunately, they didn't have luck.
James looked at those traffic cameras, hoping his car will appear. That bastard is avoiding every camera that is available.

I need to find you, my love, you and our baby. GOD, where can you be? James thought to himself. While looking at those cameras, he remembered reading about the details of John's life. He left the room, and rush to his car, to drive back home. Upon arriving home, he goes to his office's vault where he kept those documents hidden after Maddie read them.
James took them out of the vault and rushed back to the police station. As he was driving back, he tried to keep his hopes high in case they find something useful in those damn documents.
After driving for almost an hour, he got stuck in traffic that was in front of him. "Damn, that is exactly what I need in my life. These stupid traffic!" James screamed inside his car to himself. He took a deep breath to relax a bit. It won't help him yell when no one can hear him. Suddenly, the cars in front of him moved. He felt relief as he could drive back to the police station.
When he arrives, he entered the traffic room and went to the detective. "Detective Howard, I may have the answer to our problem. Why didn't I think of it back then? Never mind! A month ago, you may have heard of the murder of an officer in LA, right?"
"Yeah, I've heard of it. My friend that is a detective there had told me about him. His name is detective Wright, if you heard about him."

"Not only did I hear of him, I've met him that day and he gave me these documents that his late officer gave him before he got killed. Inside of these documents, the late officer did research on John Brown that explains his behavior. Please read it. Do you have contact with someone in Alabama?"
"Why Alabama?"
James sighed. "John was born there, and in that city is where he watched for the first time how his father killed his mother for cheating on him, plus his own father taught him how to kill women that were like his mother. The reason for his killing women was because of his father. Anyway, do you know someone there that can check his neighborhood?"
"I'll talk to a detective that I know. He lives there. He's in charge of a crime station there. I'll tell him to look at this case and to call me if he finds something."
"Thank you, detective Howard."
"Don't lose hope. We are close to find her." James looked at his best friend with a smile.
"Now I know that, wish I have could brought this documents a week ago. Now I'll find her. We'll find her."
Mike and James felt happy, so they sat down on the couch and waited for the detective to bring some good news.

After an hour of waiting, detective Howard returns with a smile.
"I have good news for you. I've spoken to my friend, detective Frost and he told me that indeed, John is there at the neighborhood. Plus, he has brought with him a woman with the description of your girlfriend."
James got up from the couch with happiness dancing in his eyes.
"When can we leave for Alabama?"
"We can leave right now. As you know, it's a long drive."
"No problem, I'll tell to our soldiers to drive after us. They'll help us capture John with no problem and rescue Maddie. Let's go Mike, thanks again detective. I'll see you on the road to Alabama."
"Drive safe, son. I'll meet you there with my people." James, alongside Mike, shook detective Howard's hand and took off to find their soldiers. The drive to Alabama will be long but a promising of getting Maddie out of John's hands.
Wait for me Maddie, I'm on the way to rescue you from his hands to bring you back to my loving hands and show you how much I love you and our family that is growing. James smiled at these thoughts and sat in his car alongside Mike and drove all the way to Alabama!