Chapter 7

Maddison:

After leaving James's house, Maddie felt a little lost with herself. Right now, she was sitting in her car trying to figure out with her life.

I'm such a coward, I should have stayed but I can't look at James's eyes and know that I've cost him pain, she sighed to herself and looked outside of her car and knew that only she can help her because without her she will have lost in this world.

Maddie got out of her car and went to the entry of her only friend that she knew ever since she was living since she moved to LA from Texas. Maddie took a deep breath and knock at the front door and waited for that person to open it. 'I'm coming,' she heard from the inside of the house. Few minutes later, the front door opened and Dekota was standing there looking at her with shock.

"What's wrong, Maddie? Come in." Dekota pushed her in and gave her a hug, seeing her friend in the state of wanting to cry. "Please, don't cry Maddie. Tell me what happens. Is something wrong with Drew or James?"

Maddie shakes her head, "Drew is doing good, but James..." She couldn't continue without wanting to cry with the pain that she cost him when she told him he can tell her about his nightmares. "James is in the hospital right now, and it's my fault. He told me about his nightmares that he's been having, I should have told him to go to a professional, maybe it was better and... and..." Maddie just could not hold anymore her tears and broke down on the floor to cry in Dekota's arms.

Dekota Just held her and tried to comfort her, Maddie knew that, but she couldn't stop crying when she thought about the pain that James had to go through because of her. After a while, Maddie felt she had no more tears left. She and Dekota went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Do you feel better now, Maddie? Wait here and I'll bring you some water." Dekota got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to pour some water for Maddie. "Here Maddie, Drink some water because, I'm sure that your throat is dry from all the crying." Maddie took the glass that she gave her and sipped it.

"Thanks, Dekota. I'm sorry that I came so early to your house. It's just I didn't know where else to go."

"You don't have to apologize to me, that are friends for. Wait, you want to tell me you left the house?" Dekota looked at her with a shock.

Maddie putted her head between her hands and nodded, "I did, I just couldn't continue like that after I've put him in the hospital."

"It's not your fault Maddie, it could have happened to him even if he told a therapist about his nightmares so stop with the blames that you are putting yourself with. Do you want me to go with you to James's house and talk to him?"

Maddie shook her head. "No, Dekota, I don't want to go back there. I really appreciate it, but I think I'll go find a place to stay and look for a new job. I'll call you when I'll find a place." Maddie was about to leave Dekota's place when she stopped her.

"You don't have to look for a place Maddie, you can stay with us and about a new job, well I am looking for a new waitress in my restaurant, you can come and work for me."

Maddie looked at her friend and couldn't believe it. She's actually going to help her and also give her a job. Maddie gave her a hug. "Do you really mean it, Dekota? Do you really going to help me?"

Dekota hugged her back and laughed with her, "Yes Maddie, I'm gotta help you. You are my friend and I will not abandon you."

Maddie is thankful for her friend's help, "Thanks Dekota, but where exactly am I going to stay?"

"At my old place that is near my restaurant, it's a very cozy place. You're going to like it. I used to live there before I met Bill. You know what? Let's go. I'll show you the place so you could put your stuff there and I'll show you the restaurant where you're going to work starting tomorrow!"