Chapter 9

Maddison

A Week Later

It has been a week since Maddie saw the Davis Family, especially James and Drew. That morning she woke up feeling like she had forgotten something important. Maddie got up from her bed and made it. After that, she went to take a shower. While being in the shower, she suddenly membraned something. Oh My God, I can’t believe that I forgot Maddie hit her forehead last week. I promised James that I’ll visit them before my shift start, how could I forget that? Maddie sighed to herself and came out of the shower. Upon entering her room, she got dressed. Today she had a day off so she’ll visit them. She just hoped that he won’t be angry at her. She had a crazy week at the restaurant and she didn’t have time to even breath between customers that were arriving.

After having breakfast, she took her car keys and drove to James’s house. Maddie felt nervous. It’s been a while since she was there and she didn’t know how James will react. After a half hour of driving, she reached her destiny and when she left her car, Maddie walked to the door. She started knocking and waited for James to open the door. She could hear the footsteps getting closer to the door, and when the door opened by James, she smiled.

“Good morning James, how are you?” “Now you decide to come to visit? Last week you promised me that at the next day you’ll come to visit and you never did it! Why the hell did you even bother to come today?” Maddie looked at him with shock, “I’m sorry James, for breaking my promise, but last week was suddenly full of customers and I had to work non-stop…” Maddie stopped talking when James lifted his hand up. “I don’t care about your excuses. You broke your promise to me. So leave this house and do even bother on coming here ever.” Maddie was angry at his words. “I DIDN’T DO IT ON INTENTIONALLY, I HAD TO WORK MY ASS OFF THAT WEEK! MARK YOUR OWN WORDS JAMES!” Maddie stormed out the door entry with tears streaming down her eyes. She couldn’t believe that he even didn’t let her even explain.

Maddie drove back home with a heavy heart. How stupid she was for falling in love with someone that has an icy heart! When she left her house with excitement, she never imagined that she get back home with a heavy heart. When she reached the entry of her house, she didn’t have enough strength to get out of her car. She stayed in her car and cried her heart. A half hour later, Maddie had her eyes dried from crying and she got out of her car and went inside the house. Maddie received a phone call to her cellphone, and without looking at the ID call, she answered.

“Hello?” “I’ve finally found you Maddison!” Maddie dropped her cellphone from shock, that voice that always hunts her at nights. Maddie didn’t want to lift her cellphone knowing that John was on the other line. She couldn’t believe he found her new number. When she left Houston, she left her the cellphone he bought her there so he won’t trace her and now he found her new number. “PICK THE DAMN CELLPHONE MADDISON!” John boomed loudly at her and, out of fear, she picked it up with a trembling hand. When she was about to say something, there was a knock at her door, and Maddie trembled out of fear that he found where she lived, but the moment she heard Dekota’s voice over the door, she relaxed and went to open the door.

“Hi Maddie… What’s wrong Maddie?” “MADDISON, ARE YOU THERE? THE MOMENT I’LL FIND YOU, YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET FOR LEAVING ME! MARK MY WORDS!” John yelled over the cellphone and hung up while he was laughing. Maddie fell on her knees, with fear for her life. Dekota reached her and hugged her. “Who was it on the phone, Maddie?” “My worst nightmare, Dekota! He found my new number. What am I going to do now?” Maddie cried in to Dekota’s shoulder and her friend comforted her. She couldn’t stop crying out of fear for her life. Dekota helped her to get up on her feet and guided her to the couch. Upon arriving, she sat hr down and went to the kitchen to give her some water.

“Here Maddie, drink some water and try to relax. I promise you he won’t find you.” “How can you guarantee that? If he found my new number, I am sure he’ll find this place.” “First, let’s change your phone number to a different one. I came to you to ask for a help at the restaurant because Julia got sick and I need help. Work can distract you from any problem. What do you say?” Maddie looked at her friend and sighed. Maybe it’s the best. James hates me now. I hope John will never find me! I don’t want to leave this city. Even though he hates me now, I have found a genuine friend and true love here. Maddie sighed at her thoughts and nodded her head.

“You’re right Dekota. I’ll change clothes and go with you.” Dekota watched her friend getting up from the couch and going to her room. Half an hour later, Maddie got out of her room and went to the liven room where her friend and boss waited for her. I’ll put my head and body on working and try to forget all the problems that I have right now! Maddie left her house with Dekota with the termination of keep going on with her life to the fullest with no regret!