Chapter 6

We all sat at the island eating breakfast which consisted of toasted cheese and bacon.

"Delilah you'll be riding with Elin today. Your father and I have an early meeting today." My mother said, putting a piece of bacon in her mouth.

I nodded, "Okay."

"Mom, I learnt a new word yesterday." Johnson began. He smiled big as Delphia turned her attention to him.

"And what's that?"

"Masterbating." My brother said proudly.

There was an awkward silence at the table, everyone exchanging glances at one another.

"And who taught you that?" Delphia questioned, focusing her attention back on the meal in front of her.

"Delilah and Elin."

My eyes widened, because I did not teach this seven year old kid what masterbating is.

"I had no part in that." I defended.

My mother and father looked to Elin. She gave them the same look they were giving her.

"What? He asked a question and I answered it." Elin nonchalantly said as she ate.

"That was inappropriate and you know it." My father said.

"Yeah, yeah. Delilah let's go."

Elin stood up from her seat as I took one last bite of my toasted cheese.

I got up, "Bye mom, bye dad. Bye little buddy." I said to all of them.

"Bye." They said in unison.

I made it to Elin's car and sat in the passenger seat. I buckled up as she pulled out of the driveway.

"Your mom can be such a bitch sometimes." She said, turning up the volume of the radio. Some random song was playing so I tuned it out.

"She's your mom too."

"Please don't remind me." Elin simply said.

We shared a laugh as we made our way in the direction of my school.