Epilogue

Epilogue / Omake

Rin gasped in pain as Kirei pulled her in close, in a parody of a lover's embrace, as he twisted the Azoth dagger in her gut. She feebly tried to push him way free. As her life blood spilled over the bemused priest, Shirou turned in shock. "Rin!' He ran towards the pair, but as he did, Gilgamesh made a sweeping gesture with his hand, and a sword flashed out from the sky, decapitating the would-be hero.

"Mongrel, interfering in my entertainments, making a mockery of my treasures!" Gilgamesh sneered, "I did you a favor, sending you on after your lover. Now that there is one less annoying flea in the world, we are done with the opening act and we can move on to the main performance - cleansing of the world. Soon all those too weak will be swept away, leaving a perfect world, filled with the strong!"

Gilgamesh was so enthralled with the sound of his own voice that he didn't notice the tear in the fabric of reality forming behind him, folding open like a black rose. Or the projected copy of Cruadh-Chosgarach - the 'Hard-Destroying One' - that flew out of it and impaled him in back of head.

Kirei looked over in time to see two people step through the rift before it sealed itself back up. One was Archer, while the second looked remarkably like Rin Tohsaka. Except she looked a little older, a lot angrier, and she was floating three feet off of the ground. 

And glowing.

Kotomine promptly let go of the Azoth dagger, which was the only thing supporting Rin's body "Ah, Rin. What a surprise. This isn't what it looks like."

EMYA found that statement amusing enough that he would have used it as the former priest's epithet. If there had been enough left of him to bury.