Chapter 6

Shirou dropped his weapons and raced over to Sakura.

"Cast a healing spell on her!" Rin demanded of Caster.

"I used up my prana reserves, and Sakura's prana is drained to zero - that's why she collapsed. I can't do anything." She became incorporeal to reduce the strain on Sakura, as the drain from the Servant began to eat away at her life force.

Shirou lay Sakura out flat on her back and began rescue breathing, followed by chest compressions.

"I have plenty of prana," began Rin. But it had to be attuned to Sakura, otherwise it would do no good. She looked around frantically for any reservoirs of Sakura's prana that might have been stored in the basement. It was her workspace, after all. But there was nothing that she could see - just a table and a pair of heavy wood chairs, as well as a couple of mostly empty book shelves

It was then that her eye caught on the directional spell that Sakura had cast. More specifically, on the drop of her blood, infused with her prana, resting in the oil. Muttering an aria, Rin pulled out a small gem and held it over the cup. The gem shattered into a fine dust and fell into the cup, mixing with the blood and oil.

Rin scooped out the mixture and kneaded the honey-like liquid inside as she continued her aria. As the liquid thickened into a warm paste, she rubbed the mixture onto Sakuras' arms. The prana infused blood and the spell would attune the power in the gem to Sakura. In theory. Rin knew that at best, the procedure would be horribly inefficient, and that her sister would just get a few drops of power.

She watched as Shirou continued to perform CPR.

Sakura took a gasping breath.

Shirou sat back on his heels and watched as she began to breath on her own. After a moment, she sat up, looking a little dazed.

"Are you ok?" asked Rin.

"Yeah. A little weak, but getting better. But I don't know how much longer I can maintain Caster - until I get better, I'm going to be generating prana slower than she is draining it."

"I wish there was some way to transfer large quantities of prana from magus to magus," Archer mused, rubbing his chin as if trying to recall something he had forgotten.

Rin blushed, "Uhm, there is." Rin continued to redden until she was beet red, "I could teach you and Shirou a tantric ritual that will..."

"I know it," snapped Sakura.

"You know it?"" Rin's eyebrows crept up past her hairline. 'Does she mean she's used it before?' Rin's mind froze as her image of her estranged sister as a sheltered young girl completely shattered. "Uhm, does Shirou know the ritual too?"

"No, but I will teach him, Rin-sempai," Sakura turned to Shirou, "Please help me up."

Shirou pulled the purple haired teen to her feet. She swayed slightly, "Are you certain you're up to doing magic?"

"Yes, I'll be fine. And I'll feel much better as soon as we start the ritual." She blushed slightly, as she realized what she had said. "Come, we can use my bedroom."

She led a confused Shirou upstairs.

-FAR-FAR-

"What about Zoukan?" Rin asked, as she realized that all of them had let their guard down when Berserker died.

"I think he's gone - Berserker drained him of prana. Not certain if he's still alive, but if he is, he is so greatly weakened that he won't be a threat to anybody for a very long time." Archer replied after giving a couple of tentative sniffs at the air.