Chapter 34 Axl ❤️ Licah

Start from the beginning

Axl agreed with me.  He asked me to sleep first. I can't believe that I am carrying a baby inside.

We arrived at the flower shop. I showed her the flower arrangement that Honey wanted. She said it would take longer, so I asked them to deliver them to the mansion. Axl looked so bored staring at the florist. He was pressuring her, so I just decided to go home so she could focus.

A warm hug welcomed me by Axl's mom. "Congrats, Licah! We heard the news." I don't think this is a good time to celebrate.

What shocked me more was when Axl's great-grandfather hugged me. Daddy Kian is hugging me. I find it comforting, though. I hugged him back. I can't imagine how sad he is right now for losing his one great love. 

"Thank you for delivering good news to us. You did well, Licah." He patted my head.

I don't know what to say to him exactly to lessen his pain. I am not good at this.  "I am sorry for your loss, dad."

"I hope Ira is still here to hear this news. I know he is still around us. He is happy that you and Axl will have a baby soon. Do not worry. My beautiful baby Ira is now in a wonderful place, resting. I will be there soon to follow him, so don't worry."

Mommy Ira's body is in the mansion for a week. I can see white strings tied to her ankle and wrist.  They said it is a sign to give a safe passage to the dead to the next life. After seven days, the funeral was held. We believed in reincarnation. In our tradition, we put flowers on his casket, and then  the cremation begins. They told me about this 100-day ceremony. They believed in celebrating this, as he would proceed to his next life.

I can hear beautiful music coming from the huge room behind ours. It was daddy Kian smiling while staring at the photo frame on his bedside table. This made me believe that daddy Kian was once a famous singer during his time. He is singing his heart out while strumming his guitar. "Wait for me, baby. I am eating well. I am sleeping well. I don't want you to worry about me. I told you I would never make you mad. I won't c-c-cry. I won't cry." He began to sob. "I am not crying."

Why am I crying watching him too? I know he is trying to act strong.

"I won't cry." he keeps repeating these words. "But I just missed you so much that it hurts so bad. I don't know what I will do now that you are gone. You are still here, right? They said you might proceed to your next life. I want to meet you again, so can you wait for me?" Daddy Kian said.

"Dad." I spoke.

"Oh, you are here." He wiped his tears. "Do you need anything?"

"Nothing. I just want to see how you are doing here."

"Well, I am doing better than last week. I know that Ira will like it when I am taking care of myself. You should rest too. You are having a baby." He told me."

I am shameless to do this, but I held his hand to know I will always be here for him. They are Axl's family, and they are now mine too.

"Thank you, Licah. Why don't you sit down here first? Do you mind listening to Ira's favorite songs?" He asked me. "I just missed playing this."

I sat on the bed and listened to him, and the next thing I knew, my husband was already carrying me to our room.

"What happened?" I asked Axl.

"I've been looking for you for more than an hour. You fell asleep in daddy Kian's room." Axl answered.

That was a very comfortable sleep I had ever since I stayed here.

"Sleep again in our room." He put me carefully and tucked me in bed.

I love his great-grandfather's voice. It relaxes me.

Anyway, I am one month pregnant, and everything inside my body seems normal. No cravings, no weird changes.

"Anyway, daddy Kian said he is composing a new song, and he wants us to keep it and let our son sing it in the future. I hope our kid grows up with a beautiful voice, or he will ruin dad's song." Axl chuckled.

I haven't delivered the baby yet, but he already has a task. Fighting, baby!

"Hi there, Licahbels." What the hell is licahbels? Mommy Reese entered our room. "I baked cookies for you. I prepared sweet potatoes too, just in case you like it. I have plenty of it."

I don't think I like to eat sweet potatoes today. I better accept the cookies rather than the latter.

"Come here." Mommy Reese pulled me and let me sit at the dining table.
"You need to be healthy. You should take care of your body, so your baby will grow up to be healthy as well. I didn't ask for Nigel's help baking today, but I think I pulled it off after decades of watching him do it."

He prepared milk for me too. The milk tastes great; however the cookies are the worst. I still eat it, though. I don't want to see a sulking grandmom today.

Slowly, the mansion is returning to normal. Daddy Kian is back in this place as he has no reason to stay in the resort anymore. They wouldn't allow him to be alone there.

I will return to the office as well. I would use these last two weeks of me working on finishing the project for the month. I know I can handle it. My pregnancy is not that sensitive, and I am healthy. Axl has no choice but to agree as I am already decided. Before, I thought it would be boring to be a housewife, but now that we are expecting a baby, I think staying home will work better for me.

I was eating while others were watching the tv when the elevator opened.

We were both staring. Who could it be?

Enzo appeared first. He pulled a wheelchair next to him.

"Hello! I am back!"

It was Honey.